Icon Corners!

Rebekkah

Thought I would share ours if I may...

Post by Rebekkah »

Of course, the basketball hoop isn't part of the usual decor! :lol:

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lol I dont want to sound psycho, but I could practicly tell every icon in your icon corner, these icons are very familiar to me.

What amazes me is that Icon of Saint Silouan! (That must be rare to find, Saint Silouan drawn like that is really beautiful)

Oh is that a Panagia Arizonitissa Icon? (Theotokos of Arizona)? I'm guessing you must've got it from Elder Ephraim's Monasteries.

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

Here is some updated pictures of my icon corner:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nektarios14/my_photos
The Panagia of Arizona is in there as is a paper icon of Saint Silouan :)

And here is some pictures around and outside of Saint Anthony's... eventually I'll remember to take my camera again and take pictures of the insides of the churches...
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nektarios14/my_photos

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post pictures of your icon coreners please!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Νικολάος Διάκ wrote:

This picture is a few years old, I think about 3. It is from my living room icon corner. I actually like my room icon corners better for some reason!

Wow! My family icon corner has sure changed in the last in the last 5 years! Truly, even in the last 2 years!

This is an incomplete photo of my icon corner from 2 years ago (not everything was put up right yet) and I promise to get some pictures taken soon of the updated icon corner.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Sat 30 July 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I would like to see everyone's updated icon corner pictures. If you need someplace to host them from, I reccomend using http://imageshack.us/index.php as the Yahoo photo urls will dynamically change constantly!

spyridon

Post by spyridon »

spyridon

Icon Corner

Post by spyridon »

Sorry I lost the other photo,and the center statue of the Theotokos was given to a dear friend by her grandma before she died,the two candle lights are pluged in at night and light up dark red all night,and the bulbs hardly get hot.Ive used the same bulbs every night until I wake up in the morning non stop for 7 months now...an old Chinese man recommended them instead of candles(to be safe,and he stated how beautiful they light up that special place in the Home)..the top photo is of my dear grandfather who I ask to pray to God for me( he was a 4th degree Knight of columbus for 32 years,and a member of Michael the Arch-Angels Blue Army..and if he would have known anything about Orthodoxy,he would have probally become a priest)..he was given a huge Cross with Christ on it that belonged to a Catholic church,the one the Church did the entrance inot the church with,he has that cross hanging on the wall in that photo,before he died he left it to me and I loved it, the day my dad died 1 year later I put it in my dads coffin...
I missed it alot because, it was all I had from my Grandpa,as the years went by I missed it even more(that was in 1991-1992).and 2 months ago I had a dream about my grandpa telling me not to feel bad because my dad needed it,and besides he was my Dad and it would come back to me...the next couple of days I went to my Rocor Church and the priest was getting rid of some of his belongings and he told me he was gonna put the stuff he had, in a coffin(with the deceased familys o.k.) to be buried w/ him/her. he asked if I wanted anything in the bag he had,and I said let me look thru it and behold I found a Priests Russian pectoral Cross, and it happened to be the one he was ordained with.I asked him are you getting rid of this too and he said " yes ,but you can have it, if you will take care of it"...it is very heavy and gold w/no corrosion at all...it is hanging by the photo of my grandpa on the upper left(the Russian Cross).. I thought this had to be what my Grandpa was telling me,when I got home I turned to look at the back of this cross and it said alot of words about being ordained for life on earth and the year of ordaination was the year I was born 1970.........Image