Icon Corners!

Nektarios14

Icon Corners!

Post by Nektarios14 »

Since we had a thread with pictures of ourselves why not have a thread of our Icon Corners.

Here is a link to some pictures I took of my Icon Coner:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nektarios14/ ... =ph&.view=

What do you all think? What icons are missing? The majority of the icons up there are print offs from the internet and pasted onto cardboard (the poorman's icon!). The wood behind the table is just a scrap piece of particleboard that I thought would be nice to hang a few icons from. Any suggestions for me?

Last edited by Nektarios14 on Fri 4 July 2003 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Very nice Nektarios, we have the same HTM prayer book on our holy table. It is a very good book. The room looks like a monks cell! Your off to a good start.

If you are thinking of additions, I didn't see an oil lamp? Depending on where you are, you may find oil for $4.50 / 3 qts. at some ethnic stores. A cotton mop head for $20 will give you a virtually unlimited supply of wicks. And keep a 1/2" of water in the oil in case it runs low. But I would get rid of the cloth table cover first.

I noticed your icon of Elder Joseph showed him as a saint. Where did you get that?

Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

Efharisto Polee, (I still haven't figuered out how to use a Greek font)

I'd love to get an oil lamp but my family has flat out no allowed this as they fear it will be fire hazard. I'd never heard that about the mophead before, but when I do eventualy have an oil lamp I'll remember that. I really like the HTM prayerbook as well. I love the semi-archiac translation and it's completeness for it's size. Below it is a Greek prayerbook that I use trying to learn bits and pieces of Church Greek.

The icon of Elder Joseph is from the Holy Mountain. A monk wrote it for a friend of mine last summer when he was there and this is a picture of the original icon which my friend now has in his house. Why he is depicted as a glorified Saint, I do not know. The friend of mine whose icon this is won't be back until late August as he is on the Holy Mountian all summer, again.

As the for the room looking like a monk's cell, that was only half the room. The other half is an unorganized mess...the running joke is that Nektarios lives in one half and Derek (my pre-Orthodox name) lives in the other.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Unfortunatley, I have put quite an effort into our families icon corner - now if I can just get my heart to take on even a glimmer of its beauty I will be doing good.

In another thread, the visions of "St." Francis of Assisi was discussed. I cannot help but compare the vision of Elder Joseph with this, because it is contrary to every Holy Father to be "guided by a vision" into communion with heretics. I'm sorry, I don't mean to detract from the intention of this thread.

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

I'll try to get some pictures of my ikon corner developed soon! /\

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

This picture is a few years old, I think about 3. It is from my living room icon corner. I actually like my room icon corners better for some reason!

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I like your icon corner nektarios, thanks for sharing it with us. I have one question about one of the Saints that you have in your corner though.... who is the Saint on the wall that is a black and white 'photo' next to the St Justin Popovich 'photo'. It's in your East wall photo section. Thanks in advance!

MaryCecilia