What's the deal with Sofrino?

Brother Nicholas

What's the deal with Sofrino?

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Well, I finally stopped holding my breath waiting for them to come up with their long threatened website in English (which they don't even have listed as an option on their website anymore) and decided to just set up my PC to read Russian. Unfortunately, while it will read many websites with Russian content, it will not read Sofrino's site. Are they using some wierd font or something? Does anyone else have a problem reading their site?

Thanks

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

They messed up.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Brother Nicholas, if you are talking about sofrino.ru, you have to manually (under the view menu) set the encoding to Cyrillic (Windows). They forgot their encoding tag and this is the readon for it.

Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Nicholas - Thanks for your resonse and help. I tried what you said and it did make a difference, but only in very selective ways. It changed the text in the tan colored area and also the text next to the search window in the green area on the left. However, everything else, including the list of options immediately above the search window are still illegible. It sure would be nice to be able to avail myself of their products, but until I can read their website, it's going to be sort of difficult. I really think that they are shooting themselves in the foot by not making thier website accessible to everyone - expecially people who speak English. Oh well, such is life sometimes. Again, thanks.