Julianna

The Church That Stalin Built

Post by Julianna »

THE CHURCH THAT STALIN BUILT

Vladimir Moss

The Church of the living God is founded upon a most solid Rock

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I don't mean to offend, but there are members in your Church other than Vladimir Moss, right? :lol: Sorry, just a light-hearted jab since you seem to post a lot of stuff either written or translated by him. I realise that the lay theologian/historian is a respected position in Orthodoxy, I'm just curious if there's others you could quote sometimes? :)

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Juliana, I found a banner that better represents your Church!

anastasios

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Oh man....ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

Anastasios,
while I may agree that your banner post to Julianna is alil funny...I don't think it's very Christian to 'pick' on other jurisdictions. Yes, I do know how to take a joke and I realize that it was meant as a joke, but remember there are people who don't know that you're joking and will take you seriously and may get turned away from the Orthodox Church, all I ask is please be more careful..and can't we have a nice conversation on here without the jurisdiction bashing???

sigh

MaryCecilia

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

Thank you MCK.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Mary CK:

I appreciate your concerns and to confirm what you said, I was joking. However, I don't think it was wrong to post what I did because:

1) Juliana blasted her way in with the name calling "Monophysites" "Papists" etc. so if she wishes to bash non-Orthodox then she needs to prepare to be responded to.

2) I don't have any respect for Met. Valentine and his "Church." Now anyone who doesn't know me might think I am a "canonicalist" looking for every flaw in every group. That I am not. Let me explain: I have a lot of respect for the OC Churches (even though I personally do not agree with some of their positions). I like OrthodoxyOrDeath's Church, for instance. But Met. Valentine is a different story. In my opinion, and from what I have read on the Indiana List, he is a charlatan and a fake. I can't be "nice" or "respectful" to his "Church" because of the evil lies they spread about ROCOR, a wonderful Church and the Church of most of the members here at the "Cafe".

3) The idea that "others might see this and think it is Orthodoxy"... I think it is better if outsiders see that many people think that Juliana's Church is uncanonical instead of being mistaken that we think it is a valid Orthodox Church.

4) Letting Juliana spread her ROAC propoganda without responding (even in a joking way) might lead others astray.

To Juliana--

I'm sure you know that I am not too serious but in case you have felt too offended I will stop bugging you (not that I ever really took the bugging that serious) and I won't post any more jokes of your Church starting now.

I certainly uphold your right to go to be in the ROAC and if that's where your conscience has led you I can't judge. But out of charity I cannot pretend that I think that you made the right choice or that the ROAC is a True Orthodox Church. A much better choice would be to go to ROCOR or "OrthodoxyOrDeath"'s Church.

I'm sure that you could offer your opinions about my uniate status but as I said I am in the process of joining the canonical Orthodox Church.

Have a blessed day.

anastasios