Office of Reader

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Nektarios
Jr Member

Office of Reader

Post by Nektarios »

I want to become a Reader how can I do so what is usally done before some one can be tonsured to the 1st degree of the Priesthood?

In Christ
Nektarios

priestmark
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Office of Reader

Post by priestmark »

Nektarios wrote:

I want to become a Reader how can I do so what is usally done before some one can be tonsured to the 1st degree of the Priesthood?

In Christ
Nektarios

Would you be a Lieutenant, Captain, Colonel or General? Then first be a soldier. Enlist and make yourself available to serve. Serve where you are assigned and experience that which is needed for greater challenges. Good officers are always looking for the talented and self-sacrificing needed in the battles, and equally watching out for the ambitious and self-serving who will disappoint in the advances.

Be the first to arrive at services. Be the last to leave. Do not impose yourself, but be there ready for action only if you are called upon. Always be vigilant, and stand at attention when opportunity passes your way. Study your manuals - learn the morning and evening drills by heart. Make the 50th Psalm your own - it is of the highest calibre - and you must practice and practice it until you become its marksman.

o.Mark