ENGLISH SERVICES IN NYC!

Moderators: Mark Templet, Mark Templet

Savva24

ENGLISH SERVICES IN NYC!

Post by Savva24 »

Dear list members,

It has been a while since I added anything to this list as I have been busy with many changes in the past months but perhaps some of you remember that several months ago I was looking for a ROCOR English speaking parish in the New York area.

On that note I wanted to inform those of you interested that under the blessing and constant support of Bishop Gabriel of Manhattan, there are twice a month English services now in the downstairs of the Synodal building in the St. Sergius of Radonezh Chapel (75 East, 93rd Street in between Madison and Park Avenues) with Father Joakim Provatakis. [If you find yourself upstairs in a huge cathedral with a Bishop and all Slavonic, you missed us; come downstairs!] It seems that besides the monastic community of Mercy House under the Moscow Patriarchate, we are the only all English Traditional Old Calendar parish in all of New York City. We had our first parish meeting last Sunday where a parish council was formed and a plan for the future was discussed. For now we can only have the services twice a month but are working towards every weekend. There are some obstacles in the way, such as lack of money and more importantly, lack of people in the choir who know the services. There is one very talented woman as the choir director now but if she is not there the choir would collapse; it is too much of a burden to place on her alone. If there are any knowledgeable choir directors out there interested, please join us. That goes for anyone else interested in English services; please come and pray with us.

October Schedule:
-Saturday/Sunday the 9th and 10th
-Saturday/Sunday the 16th and 17th

All Night-Vigil: 5:30 PM
Hours and Divine Liturgy: 10:00

Please contact me for more information at one of the following addresses
Savva70@hotmail.com
Savva70@yahoo.com

In Christ,
Nicholas (Savva24)