Rearranging the Site Topics

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Rearranging the Site Topics

Post by Suaidan »

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT DELETING ANYTHING. However, the number of topics on the front page is unwieldy and a nightmare on mobile. All the interests will remain but is anyone really in disagreement that fora like "Monastic Life" and "Orthodox Reading" don't really fall under the "Living the Faith" category?

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Suaidan
Sr Member

Re: Rearranging the Site Topics

Post by Suaidan »

duplicate post

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I find it messy to find once again the forum, subforums and topics...Under "site news", we find : Heterodox GroupingsTOC YouthTOC PriesthoodThe Women's ForumMiscellaneous Issues It is not logical

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Jean-Serge wrote: Sat 25 May 2024 5:10 pm

I find it messy to find once again the forum, subforums and topics...Under "site news", we find : Heterodox GroupingsTOC YouthTOC PriesthoodThe Women's ForumMiscellaneous Issues It is not logical

... it's a work in progress, but I'm still new at this. You are right, that's not a very good categorization on my part. I will try to make it better later tonight

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

None of the groupings really make sense the way they are right now, and furthermore, for a new visitor, why would they be interested ? We need to tailor things toward attracting World Orthodox people as well as converts, it seems to me.

How many people really use the mobile system to view posts here ? In short, are people REALLY looking at this site while on the go ? Or more likely at home from their laptop or desktop ?
I think we NEED the plethora of categories that there were before.

But instead of bunching up too much in World Orthodoxy, I was hoping it could be divided up a little so
that there is wider access for newcomers AND oldtimers alike.

Good luck with the rearranging !

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

I'm open to suggestions. I really am. This is NOT the final look of the site. I need all the help I can get. But after I took down the Discord I did get the complaint that the site format is outdated. So I have to strike a balance here. All the categories are actually still there, I've just taken out the verbose descriptions that made one feel like they were reading the Constitution on their phone.

What do you mean by the "bunching up too much"? This sounds like a real concern, and it wasn't my intention.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I would go back to the old organization and discuss the new arborescence before changing it.
Here, a cat would not find her kittens. I am struggling to find by posts and threads where I want to add elements. Let us see the organisation:

True orthodox christian Church:
- Intra-TOC discussions : can stay
- Other languages (Cyrillic, Greek Latinoamerica) should remain as an independent forum as it used to be. Many things are discussesd in these topics not all related to True Orthodox Church)
- Inquiring into orthodoxy : can stay
- Religious moral ethical topics : can stay

Site news should be reserved to the news of the forum and of the site and that's it. All forums under site news now are not relevant to "site news"

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.