ISPs & APPS gather more info than Google & FB

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

ISPs & APPS gather more info than Google & FB

Post by Maria »

... "An ISP has access to your full pipe and can see everything you do" online if you aren’t taking extra steps to shield your activities, said Chris Hoofnagle, a law professor at the University of California Berkeley. Other than corporate privacy policies, he said, nothing under current law prevents broadband companies from sharing information with marketers about what types of Web sites you visit. ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... oups-warn/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: ISPs & APPS gather more info than Google & FB

Post by Matthew »

Do you have any software cures for this kind of intrusion to block them from snooping us?

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

Virtual Private Network, or VPN, will encrypt your data coming out of your device and onto the internet.

Not only will a VPN connection encrypt your data from the snooping eyes of your internet service provider, but it will also make any website see you coming from the VPN server you happen to be connected to.

For example, you live in Greece with a Greek ISP, you can make EuphrosynosCafe see your IP address coming from Germany instead by connecting to a Germany based VPN server. Your data leaving your computer will be invisible to your ISP, because it is encrypted, and Euphrosynos will think you are in Germany.

That is what a VPN can do for you.

AirVPN
TorGuard
IPVanish

Take your pick. Do make sure to get the 1 year subscription to save money in the long run.

The next step is to make EuphrosynosCafe think you are on a different operating system and web browser than the one you currently are on. This is done by altering the UserAgent string of your web browser.
http://www.howtogeek.com/113439/how-to- ... xtensions/

And the last step is to get off of Windows OS completely. You do this by adopting a free and opensource operating system.
The best reason alone is to get a fully encrypted hard disk at installation time.

http://distrowatch.com/

Take your pick from the distributions on right hand side of the website with the ranking system, based on clicks, from 1 to 100.

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

Here is what every website you visit knows about you:

ipleak.net

Everything you do on the internet is known by your internet service provider, whether it's your cell phone company or your cable provider, or your phone company.

If you're using Firefox do a search for the following add ons:

noscript
https everywhere
cookie monster

I would not use the Chrome web browser because it's from Google the search engine company.

A search engine I would use is startpage.com

keeping safe on your cell phone.

If you have a smart phone you can download from the app market: Hushed
This app will allow you to purchase one disposable phone number for 2.99 USD for 30 days or 29.99 USD for 365 days.
You will have several countries to choose from.

This is important when you do not want to give out your phone's cell number to some website or a person in real life.

And back to virtual private networks, or VPNs:

AirVPN.org - Italian based.
TorGuard.net - American based.
IPVanish.com - American based.

They accept the crypto currency known as BitCoin, which is recommended, or you can use PayPal or with a credit card.

The protocol to use is OpenVPN.

On your iOS device or your Android device you can download an app called OpenVPN Connect.

AirVPN.org provides steps to use their service with the OpenVPN Connect app.

TorGuard.net and IPVanish.com provide their own apps to use on your smart phone but they lack the OpenVPN protocol, and instead they offer IKEv2 which is better than PPTP, L2TP and IPSec, but not preferable over OpenVPN.

You can still get to use the OpenVPN Connect app, the makers of the OpenVPN protocol, with those last two VPN providers, if you manually edit the Certificate Authority file and the .ovpn profile file. All you do is copy over all of the contents found in the Certificate Authority into the .ovpn file with the following tags: <ca> and </ca>

In between the <ca> and </ca> tags you copy and paste the contents of the Certificate Authority provided by the VPN provider.

Then you mail the .ovpn file to yourself and open the attachment in the OpenVPN Connect app and enter your login name and password.

It's important to keep your cell phone company from monitoring your traffic. They can see something moving but that's it because it will be encrypted by the VPN.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian

Post by Maria »

Thank you for your valuable information, Madison.

Not only ISPs but apparently also apps can also collect data.

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2016/02 ... -research/

Thousands of apps running code built by Chinese Internet giant Baidu have collected and transmitted users’ personal information to the company, much of it easily intercepted, researchers say. ...

The researchers at Canada-based Citizen Lab said they found the problems in an Android software development kit developed by Baidu. These affected Baidu’s mobile browser and apps developed by Baidu and other firms using the same kit. Baidu’s Windows browser was also affected, they said.

The same researchers last year highlighted similar problems with unsecured personal data in Alibaba’s UC Browser, another mobile browser widely used in the world’s biggest Internet market.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Wow ! I wrote down the article to look at back when this thread first appeared.
I didn't see the followup discussion, however. Very "isp"ortant information: thank you Madison, though I lost
you at the beginning of the instructions. But it looks SO helpful.

I have no idea how to implement this, but it is good to know about.

PS - I forgot to go read that article. Perhaps there are other better ones out there by now. Anyway, it's a good jumping - off point.

PSS - I avoid guggl and f. book like the plague - and hate that name "chrome". It sounds like the outer shell of a robot... I have always refused to use that mechanical - sounding thing ! Agree with Madison that it's asking for trouble. I dislike anything to do with guggl. The minute that logo pops up, I get edgy and look for a quick exit.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

The Chrome logo forms three sixes in a spiral.

Perhaps it will be easier for people to see when the colors are all changed to black:

The Kool Aid Man's eyes and nose are 666.

The Taco Bell logo is comprised of three sixes.

There is a Verizon commercial as of late that features a blatant 666. It was obvious to me the first time I saw it, and I see I am not the only one who noticed this. Someone made a YouTube video of this:

Verizon Satanic Illuminati 666 Commercial Exposed

I see this all the time, and also there are satanic hexagrams (six-pointed stars) embedded everywhere as well.

It is a sign of the times we live in, very near to the manifestation of Antichrist.