Russian Memorial Church Consecrated !!

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

It seems, to me at least, that the MP is trying to have it both ways. They meet with world Orthodox bodies (including Constantinople and Antioch), they continue participation in the ecumenical movement, they lob darts at unnamed traditionalist groups, etc. Then they also say things that make the traditionalists think that the MP is "coming around". If Russia changes and is changing (and I believe it is), it will be from the ground up. It will be a revival of the laity and priests that will eventually work its way into the hierarchy and transform the Church of Russia (including the MP, which should not be dismissed out of hand because of how it was originally formed). I think the same thing is happening in Serbia: the hierarchy still does all the things that I mentioned about the MP hierarchy, but like Russia, Serbia also has many good priests and bishops (many disciples of Saints Justin and Nikolai), and are making strides towards freeing itself of it's corruptions (e.g., Serbia came very close to leaving the WCC a few years back).

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

Yes, Bishop Tikhon of the OCA.

I love it when bishops will embrace error and heretics and tell us not to attack them but to love them then totally attack traditionalists as being evil like the KGB and communism. Tikhon is known for being quite a frequent attacker of ROCOR on mailing lists.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

I've never seen Vladika Tikhon do anything but defendROCOR! I believe you're a member of Orthodox-Jurisdictions, no? Haven't you seen his posts over the past two years in defense of ROCOR and its historical path?

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

No, I am not. I have only seen him either on the Indianna List, Orthodox-Synod or Orthodox-ROCOR lists.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Hmm...I wish I could post them here, but that might not be appropriate. I think you'd be surprised. I know that there was a time he served as a deacon in a ROCOR parish. I've seen him defend Fr.Seraphim Rose and say things about him being a true American staretz. He's spoken very highly of ROCOR's decisions on the toll house controversy, etc. I could go on, but it's not my place to do so.
He is a hierarch of the Church, let's be careful with our criticisms. I'm sure I could talk about GOA or Antiochian clergy til I was blue in the face, but it's just in poor taste and possibly unChristian to do so.

The ROCOR synod, in inviting OCA bishops and clergy to the consecration of Bishop Peter seems less hostile towards the OCA and "world Orthodoxy" than much of ROCOR's laity on this list.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

I would agree.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Peter J. Hatala wrote:

The ROCOR synod, in inviting OCA bishops and clergy to the consecration of Bishop Peter seems less hostile towards the OCA and "world Orthodoxy" than much of ROCOR's laity on this list.

On that, we would agree.

Julianna

Royal Martys of Russia pray for us!

Post by Julianna »

Royal Martys of Russia :cry: victims of regicide :cry: pray for us!