Rearranging the Site Topics

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Rearranging the Site Topics

Post by Jean-Serge »

Suaidan wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 6:08 pm

These are valid points. I am really busy this weekend, but I am hoping to do another site overhaul in the hope of making it work better for all users.

Is there an expected date for the return of the normal forum structure ?

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Jean-Serge wrote: Mon 10 June 2024 12:26 pm
Suaidan wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 6:08 pm

These are valid points. I am really busy this weekend, but I am hoping to do another site overhaul in the hope of making it work better for all users.

Is there an expected date for the return of the normal forum structure ?

Funny you should say that. I have to make some updates where we will be working on the ultimate structure and I hope to do that this week. 

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Thanks for the info. I am really lost with the new structure. Even finding this thread was frankly difficult.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, Jean-Serge, for expressing what many of us may be thinking - !
I didn't want to say anything, but i was wondering that, too.
I was ALSO wondering WHERE to look to find this thread, but I didn't even bother as it is so futile to find anything anymore !

I don't feel like posting more than barest minimum with the format as it is.
Tomorrow is St Isaac the Confessor, founder of the Dalmation Monastery, to which Saint St Isaac's Cathedral in St Petersburg was dedicated. Normally I would write up something on that Cathedral. But this mess is so off-putting that I didn't even want to bother. THAT says a LOT ! Usually i will struggle through anything to post.
I see some brave souls are doing so, but it's truly a maze - and there is zero logic to the organization.

What about just returning to the OLD format as is - except ADD - not subtract - 2 or 3 forums.
Maybe break down the World Orthodoxy into that plus OTHER [could be Catholic and Protestant Forum, like I said, which would bring TONS of traffic here, it seems to me - or Vagante Synods]
There is just TOO MUCH piled into the World Orthodoxy topic range for anyone new or newish to separate out. Almost ALL of our present posts fall into this category. It NEEDS to be divided up to make it manageable for old and new members alike.

And I always propose a Forum on Royalty or Royal Families as there is so much material on these that interest people here AND outsiders to get them learning more. I also had suggested a Health forum.

TOC Youth still doesn't work, because I wanted to post something there a week ago, but was not allowed in.

FINALLY, what about changing bac to the original color palette as it's always been ??
I am SICK of writing in purple ink !!! It was faintly OK during Great Lent, but now it is annoying.
I want my DARK BLUE bac !
Not too many other people use the colors, but in case someone DOES< they should have a range of choices.
One can NOT write in LIGHT BLUE for example, or Aqua ! It's too hard for everyone to read.
The navy blue is a good choice this way, but the various shades of blue and other colors are helpful to set apart what the poster is saying and what the person being quoted is saying, for ease of everyone's understanding.

THANKS !!!