Fr Nikita Grigoriev[Rocana] interview

Moderators: Mark Templet, Mark Templet

SubdeaconNektarios
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Re: Fr Nikita Grigoriev[Rocana] interview

Post by SubdeaconNektarios »

Fr Alexander Lebedeff's book: Evil Fruit in Russian: https://web.archive.org/web/20231129112 ... bedeff.htm

SubdeaconNektarios
Jurisdiction: GOC-K

Post by SubdeaconNektarios »

Jean-Serge wrote: Mon 25 March 2024 5:32 pm

I listened to the interview with interest. Some analysis are incorrect or missing according to me. Father Nikita ascribes to influx of emigrants from the USSR or former USSR the shift of spirit in ROCOR. It might be right but this does not make any former ex-USSR citizen as a suspicious person. Otherwise, the ROCANA bishop of New Zealand and Australia, Andrei (Erastov) would be a number one suspect since he came to Jordanville at around 18 y.o mayb in the early 80s late 70s. This analysis about the new immigrants also hides that if ROCOR had to rely so much on them, it was because ROCOR ranks had been depleted due to the lack of transmission of the faith to the next generation, just like any orthodox jurisidction. The cause are known : lack of missionary spirit, all Slavonic, mixed marriages etc.

I would have been happy to hear his analysis about the Vitaliy affair, resignation (forced or uforced) of the Metropolitan, why he stayed with Metropolitant Laurus, about the communion with cyprianists, about the fact that in ROCOR that were actually different wings... So, interesting intreview but a bit disappointing, I basically learnt very few new things.

Sorry but these interviews are for mostly world Orthodox people who are new or have never heard any of these stories before. They're not for the life long TOC looking for all the nit and grit details with date and time stamps. 

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

SubdeaconNektarios wrote: Tue 14 May 2024 10:42 pm

Fr Alexander Lebedeff's book: Evil Fruit in Russian: https://web.archive.org/web/20231129112 ... bedeff.htm

Haven't seen THAT website in a LONG, LONG time

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)