Prayer for my uncle

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Prayer for my uncle

Post by Jean-Serge »

Maria wrote:

Were you able to talk with him about Orthodoxy before he died?

No, I had no direct contact with him, only with his father i.e my grandfather from whom I got the news of the sickness some days ago; I met him once in 1988, ages ago, when I traveled there and stayed there during 2 months. He was not that older than me, maybe 6-7 years older in fact, so we spent the whole holidays playing football with other kids.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:
Maria wrote:

Were you able to talk with him about Orthodoxy before he died?

No, I had no direct contact with him, only with his father i.e my grandfather from whom I got the news of the sickness some days ago; I met him once in 1988, ages ago, when I traveled there and stayed there during 2 months. He was not that older than me, maybe 6-7 years older in fact, so we spent the whole holidays playing football with other kids.

Lord have mercy.

May his memory be eternal.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Well maybe it's merciful that this terrible-sounding disease progressed rapidly, thus a very short time of suffering.

Maria, really ? The 2 diseases are related, and a new form of TB has been isolated recently ? I imagined it was all stamped out. I think of Saints who died of tuberculosis, but in the 1800s at the latest.

I am glad to hear Jean-Serge is not distraught but is still posting here and he sounds calm. Admirable !