need some help for my project

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

romiosini wrote:

-In arabic though... if only I knew how to write it, I know it's "mar" (Thanks to my arab speaking yeronda)

I think this is wrong. "Mar" is Eastern Syriac, "Mor" is Western Syriac, and both mean "lord", but are used as the word for "Saint". "Moran" is the word for "Lord", and "Mor'yo" means "The LORD".

"Holy" in...

Syriac: Qadeesh
Arabic (I think): Qud'dus (sp?)

How to write these in the actual language? I'd have to get back to you on the Syriac after trying to find it online. Maybe someone here knows Arabic?

Savva24

Post by Savva24 »

Japanese:  聖なる (seinaru) :)

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

I want to thank everyone for their imput, keep them coming! :)

romiosini: What would the French version be? For the slavic languages, my plan was to use the old church slavonic version, but if I have room I will include the ones you provided. Also, the romanian....do they use Latin leters?

Savva24: Thank you for the Japanese...it will save me a trip to track down a japanese friend I have here from school.

Mor: So far I have tracked down the Aramaic and Hebrew forms...it is interesting how close the words are to the ones you mentioned. It's almost the same. If you could get me the Arabic form (letters) I would greatly apreciate it.

Milla

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Ludmilla, Romanians are latins who were byzantined. Yup they use latin letters as I wrote above.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Here are pictures of Liudmilla's project

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Here is a picture of Liudmilla's project, under construction, that she sent me for posting here in this thread of this forum of this site :-D :

Justin2

Post by Justin2 »

In Arabic, the word is Qudus, spelled like this...

Code: Select all

[size=200] قدس[/size]
Justin2

Post by Justin2 »

It's written from right to left, and the first two letters are conjoined, but the final one (that looks like a "w" with a tail) is not joined.