Orthodox Books

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.
Moronikos

Re: yikes

Post by Moronikos »

NicholasZollars wrote:

OOD,

I am saddened to see you put "St" in front of the name of that proto-calvinist.

Nicholas Zollars

Be careful what you get converted to. I would read Fr. Seraphim Rose's book on Blessed Augustine.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Moronikos,

As someone pointed out to me, the State Church of Greece has held this position and may still.

I know many of the "new" fathers on Mt. Athos also hold this position that Augustine was not a Saint.

If this is a "strike" against ROAC, then it is also a big strike against the State Church of Greece and the "new" Mt. Athos (perhaps even some in my Synod I am told)

I would like to discuss this further in a honest and open dialog if anyone does have an interest however. I think the question comes down to when theological errors makes one a persistent and unrepentant heretic, such as the case with Nestorius, or when they make someone errant in good conscience (if there is even such a thing). What are your views?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

MOVED!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Bishop Augustine of Hippo and his sanctity are now being discussed at http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... hp?p=11004

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!