Marijuana and "Medical Marijuana" - political discussion

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Marijuana and "Medical Marijuana" - political discussion

Post by jgress »

I don't think one should promote the recreational use of cannabis, but if a medical case can be made for it I don't see why an Orthodox believer can't use it in such a capacity.

jgress

Post by jgress »

And all smoke is carcinogenic because of the tar, and marijuana smoke contains more tar than tobacco smoke. What's under debate is whether THC has enough anti-carcinogenic properties to balance out the effect of the tar in the smoke. As Nadir points out, the studies are inconclusive, but that means we don't know, not that cannabis is healthy.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:

And all smoke is carcinogenic because of the tar, and marijuana smoke contains more tar than tobacco smoke. What's under debate is whether THC has enough anti-carcinogenic properties to balance out the effect of the tar in the smoke. As Nadir points out, the studies are inconclusive, but that means we don't know, not that cannabis is healthy.

Since marijuana smoke contains carcinogenic tar, then the only healthy way to get the THC would be to consume it in a beverage or food.

Prohibiting the smoking of marijuana would also reduce indoor and outdoor air pollution. For this reason, I would not want to live in Colorado now that they allow legally the medicinal and recreational uses of marijuana.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Colorado does ?? Shudder. Could that be why there were huge floods there not long ago ?!

I haven't been following this, but I know there has been a major media bombardment to try
to get the country to support this totally awful idea.

As Maria says, there are perfectly healthy places to find whatever-that-is, or any ingredient. Herbs have everything
just about that one could ask, for example.

jgress

Post by jgress »

Yes, it would make sense to administer THC without the smoke.

Many tobacco smokers today are switching to electronic cigarettes, which delivers nicotine through water vapor; nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine (i.e. safe in moderation), and even has some medical benefits, e.g. relieving irritable bowel syndrome and preventing Parkinson's disease.

jgress

Post by jgress »

Barbara wrote:

Colorado does ?? Shudder. Could that be why there were huge floods there not long ago ?!

I haven't been following this, but I know there has been a major media bombardment to try
to get the country to support this totally awful idea.

As Maria says, there are perfectly healthy places to find whatever-that-is, or any ingredient. Herbs have everything
just about that one could ask, for example.

Tobacco and cannabis are both herbs, unless you meant something more specific.

jgress

Post by jgress »

jgress wrote:

Yes, it would make sense to administer THC without the smoke.

Many tobacco smokers today are switching to electronic cigarettes, which delivers nicotine through water vapor; nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine (i.e. safe in moderation), and even has some medical benefits, e.g. relieving irritable bowel syndrome and preventing Parkinson's disease.

Just to make clear, while nicotine has some reported benefits, I'm not recommending taking nicotine in any form without the advise of a doctor.