Marijuana and "Medical Marijuana" - political discussion

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Marijuana and "Medical Marijuana" - political discussion

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:
jgress wrote:

Yes, it would make sense to administer THC without the smoke.

Many tobacco smokers today are switching to electronic cigarettes, which delivers nicotine through water vapor; nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine (i.e. safe in moderation), and even has some medical benefits, e.g. relieving irritable bowel syndrome and preventing Parkinson's disease.

Just to make clear, while nicotine has some reported benefits, I'm not recommending taking nicotine in any form without the advise of a doctor.

Yes, the nicotinic acid found in Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is different from the nicotine in cigarettes that is so addictive. Did not the tobacco industry admit to adding other substances to the tobacco leaves in cigarettes to make them even more addictive?

Usually herbs, even natural untreated tobacco leaves, provide a counterbalance as there are other substances within the herb that are beneficial.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Marijuana and "Medical Marijuana" - political discussion

Post by jgress »

Maria wrote:
jgress wrote:
jgress wrote:

Yes, it would make sense to administer THC without the smoke.

Many tobacco smokers today are switching to electronic cigarettes, which delivers nicotine through water vapor; nicotine by itself is no more harmful than caffeine (i.e. safe in moderation), and even has some medical benefits, e.g. relieving irritable bowel syndrome and preventing Parkinson's disease.

Just to make clear, while nicotine has some reported benefits, I'm not recommending taking nicotine in any form without the advise of a doctor.

Yes, the nicotinic acid found in Vitamin B3 (Niacin) is different from the nicotine in cigarettes that is so addictive. Did not the tobacco industry admit to adding other substances to the tobacco leaves in cigarettes to make them even more addictive?

Usually herbs, even natural untreated tobacco leaves, provide a counterbalance as there are other substances within the herb that are beneficial.

As far as I know, it's the nicotine that drives the addiction rather than anything else. They do add other ingredients to make the tobacco burn faster and more easily, and some additives are meant to improve the flavor, both of which encourage more frequent smoking. But primarily they increase the nicotine levels to feed people's addiction, which they do by making a more concentrated extract of the tobacco and infusing the tobacco leaves with it.