The fate of the Christians in Syria

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: The fate of the Christians in Syria

Post by jgress »

That being said, I find the idea of Saudis buying Christian blood to atone for their sins kind of far-fetched, rather like the idea of Jews putting Christian blood in matzos far-fetched. There is zero evidence from either Muslim or Jewish doctrine supporting such practices, and I haven't seen this story confirmed by other sources yet. Uncritical acceptance of stories like these doesn't help our cause.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:
NadirGP wrote:

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” ― Voltaire.

...Also, that quote by Voltaire is fake, and even if genuine I find it kind of weird to go around quoting a notorious atheist revolutionary as some kind of authority.

I did a Google search, but it was inconclusive.

Lots of people are claiming that Voltaire stated the quote given by Nadir, but there was no educational site that verified this.

However, there was this bit of information:

http://www.quoteswave.com/authors/francois-marie-arouet

• Francois Marie Arouet (used the nom de plume Voltaire)
    Birth: 21st November, 1694
    Death: 30th May, 1778
    Nationality: French
    Profession: Historian, Philosopher, Writer

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

jgress wrote:

That being said, I find the idea of Saudis buying Christian blood to atone for their sins kind of far-fetched, rather like the idea of Jews putting Christian blood in matzos far-fetched. There is zero evidence from either Muslim or Jewish doctrine supporting such practices, and I haven't seen this story confirmed by other sources yet. Uncritical acceptance of stories like these doesn't help our cause.

Yes, this part is rather hard to believe. That being said, there is evidence that a few fanatics do ritually cannabilize their victims. My understanding is that they wash in Christian blood to partake in the jihad, not to cleanse their sins.
There are several orginizations that sponsor the immigration of persecuted Christians to the west from countries in the Middle East, Pakistan, Bangladesh , Somalia, The Sudan, etc. I attended a conference where several families testified about their experiences and ALL said they were persecuted by Muslims in the name of Islam. As you said, Jonathon, Islam's persecution of those of other faiths began in the Seventh Century and has continued to this day.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Thanks for reminding us about the ritual cannibalism. I suppose the selling of blood as part of jihadi extremism doesn't seem so far-fetched in that context.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:

Thanks for reminding us about the ritual cannibalism. I suppose the selling of blood as part of jihadi extremism doesn't seem so far-fetched in that context.

Lord have mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

Jonathan wrote:

“There are plenty of liberals out there who jump on any criticism of Muslim behavior as "Islamophobic", so I don't know where you get the idea that Muslims are safe to criticize. Also, that quote by Voltaire is fake, and even if genuine I find it kind of weird to go around quoting a notorious atheist revolutionary as some kind of authority.”

I did not say “Muslims are safe to criticize.” That is your understanding of the quote I gave you, which says: “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” ― Voltaire.

I see now you are not reading between the lines. The intended message from that quote, applied appropriately today, is that we cannot criticize the powers that be [read International Jewish Money Power, freemasons etc.] because of political correctness [read censure]. Today, the Muslims are far from being the powers that be. Therefore, you read me wrongly.

Voltaire being a notorious revolutionary is beside the point here, because what he – or somebody else - said is still true today.

Nadir

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

NadirGP
Faith: catholic
Jurisdiction: none

Post by NadirGP »

Here are some other links, which show the real powers that are behind the Syrian war.

West, Saudi Arabia relieved at death of al-Majed

Excerpts only:

One thing is for sure about the death of al-Qaeda commander Majed al-Majed in a Beirut hospital this weekend – Western and Saudi intelligence will be relieved at his demise.
[…]
Latterly, the Saudi spymaster has played the role of the point man in the region for Western intelligence in the setting up and arming of a new wave of al-Qaeda outfits, such as ISIS, Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic Front. Al-Majed’s brigade was just one of the many cogs in the Western and Saudi-sponsored al-Qaeda terror machine.
[…]
Officially, these groups may be on terrorist lists issued by the US and Saudi Arabia. That anomaly – the so-called “war on terror” – is just part of the deception to hide the real involvement of these governments in waging state terrorism for their geopolitical ends by using the very same groups they are supposed to be fighting against.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/05 ... -relieved/

And here:

Sunday, January 05, 2014
NY Times reports that Saudis support Al-Qaeda linked jihadists

“...the kingdom now supports Islamist rebels in Syria who often fight alongside Qaeda groups like the Nusra Front. The Saudis say they have little choice...they believe they must now back whoever can help them defeat Mr. Assad’s forces and his Iranian allies.”

End quote from the NY Times, January 5, 2014, p. A10.

URL: http://revisionistreview.blogspot.com.a ... rt-al.html

So Jesus was saying to those Ιουδαιους [Judeans] who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32