The Path of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

The Path of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Mitred Archpriest Roman Lukianov, Parish Rector,

HOLY EPIPHANY RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN BOSTON

THE PATH OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH ABROAD

Observations and Thoughts of an Old Priest.

(Translated and revised by the Author)

Code: Select all

In connection with the recent turmoil within the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad, I think it would be beneficial to share certain observations and reflections. Recently there has been much talk about the path followed by the ROCA.  Now it has become obvious that the
OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Rather than mention the 800lb gorilla in the living room called ecumenism, something which the ROCOR anathematized in 1983 and must have its place as a "guidepost", the author of this article seems to simply stick his head in the sand.

ania

Re: The Path of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad

Post by ania »

[quote="Peter J. Hatala"]The Royal New Martyrs were glorified, and Sergianism and ecumenism rejected, by the Jubilee Sobor of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church in the year 2000. Sergianism, being in fact not a doctrine but a mode of behavior, was rejected in the chapter

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Ania,

Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful man of which if I knew him I'm sure I would have a deep respect.

God bless.

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

OrthodoxyOrDeath wrote:

Rather than mention the 800lb gorilla in the living room called ecumenism, something which the ROCOR anathematized in 1983 and must have its place as a "guidepost", the author of this article seems to simply stick his head in the sand.

Amen!