THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SITE!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

anastasios: Then you should not have made your post about "other sites falling into heresy" my friend.

I don't think I said anything of the kind.

I did say that it is WRONG to call Non-Chalcedonians Orthodox, even sinful.

Come to think of it, however, "heresy" is probably not a too inaccurate characterization.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Anastasios,

5) I agree that Non-Chalcedonians need to accept Chalcedon, but they not having rejected it THEMSELVES (since they inherited the separation from their fathers) are less responsible for not accepting it and thus can still be called Orthodox, in my opinion.

Do you honestly believe this? :? Let me ask you this... what if we plugged in some other group of heretics in there, would you still hold to the same position? For instance, what if we had a group of iconoclasts that claimed to be Orthodox, since they would put icons in their Church (though really high, and wouldn't venerate them). They might say that they didn't personally reject the 7th Ecumenical Council (that it was their fathers before them who had done this, thrown monks in sacks into the seas to drown, and so forth), but that they nonetheless, at this time, just couldn't quite accept the 7th Council. Would you consider them Orthodox? (perhaps I am misunderstanding how you are using the term Orthodox--since that term, to me, implies grace in God's sacraments, divine virtues, etc.)

Lucian

Post by Lucian »

I simply will no longer be participating in web sites where one is made to feel he is persona non grata for opposing Anti-Chalcedonians and where a far too pliant "Orthodox" ecumenism is considered mainstream.

I have been jumped on by practically everybody and his brother - including many supposed Eastern Orthodox - because I had the temerity to argue with the Anti-Chalcedonians. I was subjected to mean-spirited personal attacks, nearly constant criticism, and accused of being "rude" and "ignorant."

I simply maintained (and still maintain) that Anti-Chalcedonians are NOT Orthodox, that no one is Orthodox who does not accept the fullness of the Orthodox faith.

I said what I had to say at the other web site and left there when I saw it becoming something of which I no longer desired to be a part.

I don't even have a bookmark to it anymore.