THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SITE!

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Lucian

THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SITE!

Post by Lucian »

It is truly good to have an Orthodox web site to visit.

Here the honorable name Orthodox actually means something.

Thanks, brothers and sisters!

Thank you, Lord!

Aristokles
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Re: THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SITE!

Post by Aristokles »

Lucian wrote:

Thank you, Lord!

I do imagine this forum will see some more of us 'heretical' refugees, Lucian :lol:

Demetri

Lucian

Re: THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SITE!

Post by Lucian »

Aristokles wrote:
Lucian wrote:

Thank you, Lord!

I do imagine this forum will see some more of us 'heretical' refugees, Lucian :lol:

Demetri

I guess it had to start raining hard before some of us slower animals would figure it was time to run for the Ark! :)

I think you're right, though.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a sudden boom of refugees here.

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

greetings from one who is likely to become another refugee thanks to the (IMO) heretical decisions of the admins at the other place. Don't know if I will be returning here or not, but just wanted to post and say I was glad that I am not alone in my misgivings.

Joe Zollars

Savva24

Post by Savva24 »

JoeZollars wrote:

greetings from one who is likely to become another refugee thanks to the (IMO) heretical decisions of the admins at the other place. Don't know if I will be returning here or not, but just wanted to post and say I was glad that I am not alone in my misgivings.

Joe Zollars

I hope you do return here. If you are worried that everyone here is an extremist and considers most of Orthodoxy graceless then I would like to remind you that most of us do not fall into that catergory. Most of us just want a place where we can discuss Orthodoxy without the modernism and ecumenism of most other places.

In Christ,

Nicholas (savva)

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Lucian,

Too bad the administration of this site doesn't think YOU are Orthodox, since you belong to graceless world Orthodoxy! :lol: But I am sure you will be able to overlook that.

anastasios

Last edited by Anastasios on Sat 26 June 2004 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

It's unfortunate that we can't all agree all of the time, but I am glad that my good personal friend Nik has provided you all with a forum where you can go about your business and practice True Orthodoxy.

I would only hope that as you enjoy this forum where you feel less constrained to stand up for true Orthodoxy, that you remember those of us on OCnet that you now condemn in your prayers, because surely we have offended many of you.

anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.