Is Cyprianism creeping into the GOC-K?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Is Cyprianism creeping into the GOC-K?

Post by Barbara »

Bp Auxentios wrote 2 replies to Vladimir Moss attacking him for his outspoken defense of truth regarding Cyprianism ?
Are those public or were they written privately ?

Good explanations, Maria. Thanks !

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Bp Auxentios wrote 2 replies to Vladimir Moss attacking him for his outspoken defense of truth regarding Cyprianism ?
Are those public or were they written privately ?

Good explanations, Maria. Thanks !

Read Dr. Auxentios' website at http://www.dep.church/

Look under NEWS and then under archives for the years 2015 and 2016.

There was one letter that was not posted on News at DEP.church

This letter was posted by email in July 2014 before the DEP diocese was established and before Dr. Auxentios was elevated to be head of that new diocese. I posted this back in 2014 in TOC-Polemics.

This private encyclical was addressed to specific people, but then passed out to the Metropolitan's ecclesiastical email list as a warning to others to avoid dissension. It is a private correspondence that became a semi-private open letter. It was not intended for the world or the GOC-K church at large, but only for his Metropolia. We should respect the Metropolitan's intentions and that of the people whom he addressed.

St. Paul admonishes us to correct those who have erred in private first. According to St. Paul's teachings, which are currently the ecclesiastical policy of the Holy Orthodox Church, only if such corrected individuals refuse to submit in obedience, then they will be corrected publicly. The Synod of the GOC-K will have to consider this first before the Metropolitan takes it to the next level.

Therefore if anyone were to release this letter prematurely to others before the GOC-K Synod has had time to make a determination, and if this private email were to become public knowledge on Paradosis and other sites, then this premature release would be the sin of gossip. Specifically, it is none of our business.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

OK, Maria, I will check the Dep site. I do look there once in a few months.