Freemasony on Vision TV

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
George Australia
Sr Member

Post by George Australia »

Ebor wrote:

I'm not a Mason, nor is any member of my family, but I've read Kipling prose and poetry which leads me to read this line as a jest referring to the "Square" and "level" used in masonry (both literal building and the organization.) 8)

How slow on the uptake am I ?!!!
But that still doesn't clarify the "abruptness" reference for me in the earlier post.

"As long as it depends on Monothelitism, then Miaphysitism is nothing but a variant of Monophysitism."

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

Dear George Australia,

I read one or two responses as described and think it best left there, if that is all right, Sir.

The 'mason speak' was literally a jest, my way of coping sometimes with either the seriousness or some other aspect of threads. I guess just as some use the emoticons............

George Australia
Sr Member

Post by George Australia »

gphadraig wrote:

I read one or two responses as described and think it best left there, if that is all right, Sir.

The 'mason speak' was literally a jest, my way of coping sometimes with either the seriousness or some other aspect of threads. I guess just as some use the emoticons............

I can't believe I didn't pick up on the 'mason speak' !
And please don't call me 'sir', please feel free to call me George.
I haven't been knighted (yet).

"As long as it depends on Monothelitism, then Miaphysitism is nothing but a variant of Monophysitism."

gphadraig

Post by gphadraig »

Fair enough, I'll try and remember. (We don't go much on knights over here either).

ORPRcamper
Jr Member

Post by ORPRcamper »

And they are rapidly evaporating here in the US.

Have you ever been to the Southern United States, here masons are doing nothing along the lines of "evaporating" but on the contrary are "condensing" on the many "Christian" churches which seem to spring up on every road and corner.
I also thank those who have corrected my ignorance(I am only 14 years old).

Aristokles
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Post by Aristokles »

ORPRcamper wrote:

And they are rapidly evaporating here in the US.

Have you ever been to the Southern United States, here masons are doing nothing along the lines of "evaporating" but on the contrary are "condensing" on the many "Christian" churches which seem to spring up on every road and corner.
I also thank those who have corrected my ignorance(I am only 14 years old).

Yes, ORPRcamper, I was born and "raised" (mason-speak :shock: ) in the South. And it's no wonder the lodges seem so numerous down there - most of those state's actually have dual, and separate, lodges based on race. (Sick, no?). Seems to belie their own 'universal' message. Pitiful.
At 14, you've nothing to worry over. Hopefully you won't get a lot of tacit pressure to join. The social side often tempts people's interest. Just avoid them. Do your "work" (more mason-speak) in the Church.

Demetri