Gregory of Colorado's new Youtube channel

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Gregory of Colorado's new Youtube channel

Post by Justice »

As of Nov. 8th, Gregory of Colorado has been posting polemical videos about various True Orthodox jurisdictions on his new Youtube channel. Lets hope this doesn't get any publicity.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdchme ... rQA/videos

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Gregory of Colorado's new Youtube channel

Post by Maria »

Thanks for posting this in the Intra-TOC Polemics forum.

It is a hot potato. Bishop Gregory has been actively proselytizing the True Orthodox
on the Internet and now by Youtube. I think he might also be on Facebook.
One of our members in the GOC recently joined him. He and his new bishop have
been traveling the globe to get new members.

Again, like Monk Kirykos, Bishop Gregory will baptize all who are accepted into
his schismatic synod of two bishops.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Do you mean that Bp Gregory is criticizing other TOC groups in order to gain members ?
I doubt I will take a look myself, but I am curious a little what he is saying to reach out to them.

Not all his material is bad ! I happened upon an exceedingly useful document the other day, though I haven't had time to actually read it. I was surprised that he was the source.

Is the new bishop the same as that one he consecrated a few years ago ? Or a different one ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Do you mean that Bp Gregory is criticizing other TOC groups in order to gain members ?
I doubt I will take a look myself, but I am curious a little what he is saying to reach out to them.

Not all his material is bad ! I happened upon an exceedingly useful document the other day, though I haven't had time to actually read it. I was surprised that he was the source.

Is the new bishop the same as that one he consecrated a few years ago ? Or a different one ?

Indeed, this Bishop Gregory is actively trying to recruit all the TOCs into his group, rebaptising them. If they are readers, he tonsures them again. If they are deacons or priests, he will re-ordain them as he does not recognize any sacraments but his own.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh thanks.
Well, I bet that the GOC member who transferred over to Abp Gregory will be back !

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh thanks.
Well, I bet that the GOC member who transferred over to Abp Gregory will be back !

We can only pray.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I watched most of Abp Gregory's presentation against Cyprianism and Cyprianite groups.
I have to say it was very good. He sounds sane, unlike so many other figures today.

On the other hand, I did not hear the entire video, nor have I heard any other videos. [ Nor have many other people, since the lecture series by him has received very few views at this early point. ]
About the 19:20 mark of the Who Is Metropolitan Agathangel ? lecture, Abp Gregory of Colorado explains that Met Cyprian was known in Greece as an exorcist. But a fake one, apparently, as 'mulla' seemed to have been his primary goal.

Despite the theatrics surrounding these sessions by Met Cyprian, few if any supplicants were healed of their demonic possessions.

Note : Met Cyprian sounds like a classic False Elder.