Is ROCOR-Trenton still canonical?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Is ROCOR-Trenton still canonical?

Post by Justice »

I know i'm late to the party, but since bishop Stephan joined bishop Andronik of ROCOR-A, is it still considered canonical?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Is ROCOR-Trenton still canonical?

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

I know i'm late to the party, but since bishop Stephan joined bishop Andronik of ROCOR-A, is it still considered canonical?

Personally speaking, even if this church were to be next door to my home, I could not join this new synod or new communion of bishops, whatever it is called.

Their theological statements all smack of Cyprianism to an extent, and they have all compromised in some way to form this fragile union. I do not expect it to last. However, this fragile union may last due to their discontent with their former hierarchs. Hatred breeds strange bedfellows. To whit: The enemies of my enemies are my friends.

While they have not gone as far as Pope Francis and the EP in their feigned love fest, they are still ecumenists.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I missed this thread. Interesting, Maria, that you may think that the Stephan-Andronik union will fall apart.
That could be. It does seem fragile despite all the roaring Rocana propaganda.
Also I get a feeling as though all the actors are not sure of their lines. As in "Where do we go from here ?" [ all look at each other waiting for someone to tell them what to do next ].

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Is the RTOC still holding an official communion with bishop Stephan? if so I think this would go against the RTOC's opposition to the GOC-K Cyprianite union.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Is the RTOC still holding an official communion with bishop Stephan? if so I think this would go against the RTOC's opposition to the GOC-K Cyprianite union.

Bishop Stephan has cut the ties with RTOC. He is no longer in communion with RTOC's Archbishop Tikhon.

Priest Silouan would know more as he is with the RTOC Synod.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I don't blame you, Justice, for being confused. Many people are, and seemingly the main players themselves as noted above.

Now at least one GOC-K hierarch seems to be ready to deal with them. Where is this all going ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

I don't blame you, Justice, for being confused. Many people are, and seemingly the main players themselves as noted above.

Now at least one GOC-K hierarch seems to be ready to deal with them. Where is this all going ?

Who is this mysterious Kallinikite hierarch?

Is he anti-Cyprianite? If so, that would be a great move.