The Crimea

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Barbara
Protoposter

The Crimea

Post by Barbara »

Famous independent journalist Eric Margolis wrote the
following yesterday. It's good historical background to understand the current crisis.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/02/eric ... oils-over/

I particularly like this rare, accurate characterization of Roosevelt :

"Crimea is renowned for .... the historic resort of Yalta where the doddering fool Franklin Roosevelt, surrounded by Soviet spies and hidden microphones, gave half of Europe to the gleeful Stalin.

Crimea was the epicenter of the 1853-1856 Crimean War in which Britain, France and Turkey combined to block Russian expansion into the Balkans."

Canadian-based Margolis also explains about the "holocaust" of 3 million Crimean Tatars by Stalin,
a fact almost unknown in the West. I had always heard of the mass deportation to Siberia.
But I didn't know about this 3 million figure. Compare with the inundation of the West
by propaganda about the Jews.
However, very little permitted to be written or broadcast or made into movies about any of the sufferers from Soviet Communism...
There WAS the film of Solzhenitsyn's book, "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch", which I made sure to see.
But little else out of Hollywood.

It takes truth-seeking writers like Margolis to remind the public of these realities.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: The Crimea

Post by Maria »

With the appointment of a BAPTIST Protestant minister to serve as President of the Ukraine, this is sure to raise eyebrows.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

I can't make head or tail of the situation.
Should we be happy that the UKraine will move toward EU membership?
Is the animosity towards the ethnic Russian population of the Crimea that extreme?
Is the Kiev Patriarch any better than the Moscow Patriarch?
Are there really BAPTISTS in the Ukraine?
Is cheese whiz really cheese?
It's all so confusing...

Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Barbara wrote:

Famous independent journalist Eric Margolis wrote the
following yesterday. It's good historical background to understand the current crisis.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/02/eric ... oils-over/

I particularly like this rare, accurate characterization of Roosevelt :

"Crimea is renowned for .... the historic resort of Yalta where the doddering fool Franklin Roosevelt, surrounded by Soviet spies and hidden microphones, gave half of Europe to the gleeful Stalin.

Crimea was the epicenter of the 1853-1856 Crimean War in which Britain, France and Turkey combined to block Russian expansion into the Balkans."

Canadian-based Margolis also explains about the "holocaust" of 3 million Crimean Tatars by Stalin,
a fact almost unknown in the West. I had always heard of the mass deportation to Siberia.
But I didn't know about this 3 million figure. Compare with the inundation of the West
by propaganda about the Jews.
However, very little permitted to be written or broadcast or made into movies about any of the sufferers from Soviet Communism...
There WAS the film of Solzhenitsyn's book, "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch", which I made sure to see.
But little else out of Hollywood.

It takes truth-seeking writers like Margolis to remind the public of these realities.

Eric Margolis is a defender of terrorist criminals, like the ones who perpetrated the Beslan atrocities.
Did you know he is the largest share-holder in Jameison Pharmacueticals? Just saying!

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lydia wrote:

Eric Margolis is a defender of terrorist criminals, like the ones who perpetrated the Beslan atrocities.
Did you know he is the largest share-holder in Jameison Pharmacueticals? Just saying!

Thanks for mentioning his background, Lydia. Others have been warning not to trust what he writes.

Here is an excerpt of a post written by Liza over at oc.net concerning the article by Eric Margolis:

• It's biased and inaccurate.

Ukraine is not split in two. People love to say that, but, in fact it's not true. Sure the East is mainly Orthodox, and the West has the UGCC, however, there are also many Orthodox in the West.

Even with the differences, everyone coexists peacefully. Saying the nation is split is just propaganda and typical political rhetoric.

The reason there are so many ethnic Russians in Ukraine, causing turmoil, is because they were shipped in after Russia succeeded in exterminating 11 million Ukrainians. They removed the dead Ukrainian bodies and immediately back filled with Russians - moving them in to already built and furnished homes, schools, etc.

Furthermore, Russia is a vast land. There's more than enough room for them all.

Finally, I would like to note that this article, and many posters and ill informed individuals relish calling Ukrainians nationalists, nazis, fascists.... All buying in to the Russian propaganda.

For the complete post, please click: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/for ... msg1089894

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That is sensationalist, saying Eric Margolis "is a defender of terrorist criminals".
We all should know WHO those are ! Not the ones you are thinking of....

He is one of the few to crack the gigantic wall of the controlled press and print
REALITY.

Margolis may have made some controversial remarks here, but this entire subject is
highly inflammatory.
I presented this as historical background, so I think it stands as helpful.

As for being the "largest shareholder" in a pharmaceutical company, I have never heard of that.
It can't be a major pharmaceutical firm.

While I wouldn't go near any stock - let alone one of that type -
certainly there are worse ways to support oneself. Independent journalism
pays - zero dollars [Canadian OR American !].
In short, it is so unpopular to tell the truth that there is no market for such an analyst's writing.

If Lydia had said he was on the board of the American Enterprise Institute, that Zionist neo-con
'think tank', then I would be completely repelled.
In short, he has not sold his soul to the devil the way all those analysts who "popular" and "sought after"
by the media to comment have !
You would have to show me something seriously terrible about him to make me reconsider.

Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Barbara,
Go to his website and read his own writings. He calls terrorists who have killed innocent children heroic and their actions justified.
Also, Jamieson Pharmaceuticals is a GIANT company. The man is a multi-millionaire(not that there's anything wrong with that)