Is ROCOR-Trenton still canonical?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Is ROCOR-Trenton still canonical?

Post by Barbara »

Met. Moses of Toronto. Very big shocker that he suddenly showed up at a group meeting, sat down convivially and apparently expressed support for their - what most people view as - a schism from the Met Agafangel-led ROCA.
Apparently, more information is awaited as to why on earth he made such a controversial move.

I had a feeling for a long time that the GOC-K might abandon Met Agafangel and join up with this Rocana group. Maybe not ALL the GOC-K hierarchs, but primarily those in North America.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

Met. Moses of Toronto. Very big shocker that he suddenly showed up at a group meeting, sat down convivially and apparently expressed support for their - what most people view as - a schism from the Met Agafangel-led ROCA.
Apparently, more information is awaited as to why on earth he made such a controversial move.

I had a feeling for a long time that the GOC-K might abandon Met Agafangel and join up with this Rocana group. Maybe not ALL the GOC-K hierarchs, but primarily those in North America.

This would be a good and bad decision. I wonder if Met. Moses of Toronto is aware of clergy under Met. Agafangel's synod attending World Orthodox liturgies? also, what would this lead to with the churches that were in communion with Met. Agafangel before the 2014 union? this must especially be sending warning signs to former Synod in Resistance clergy. Yet, as stated by Maria, Bishop Stephan is in communion with bishop Andronik who has not renounced his heretical beliefs.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What kind of ROCA clergy are attending World Orthodox liturgies ? Does that mean Rocor-MP or MP ??
That's a surprise.

Well I looked at the Rocor-Trenton site out of curiosity, now that you are asking. There are virtually no updates, and the last
sermon by Bishop Stefan posted was probably Nativity 2012, for the year given is 2011-12. That's over 5 years ago !
Things don't seem very settled.

I did glimpse the title of a supposed clarification by archbishop Andronik on why he left Metropolitan Agafangel and Cyprianism. He probably answers the persistent charges of Cyprianism. However, I didn't feel inclined to read it. My sense was that it was not going to contribute much, if anything. Perhaps I will look at it later. I can get the link if you want to see what he says, Justice.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

I did glimpse the title of a supposed clarification by archbishop Andronik on why he left Metropolitan Agafangel and Cyprianism. He probably answers the persistent charges of Cyprianism. However, I didn't feel inclined to read it. My sense was that it was not going to contribute much, if anything. Perhaps I will look at it later. I can get the link if you want to see what he says, Justice.

That would be very helpful, thank you in advance.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Here you go, Justice :

http://rocana.org/page/home.en/488

PS - I saw that you had a double headed eagle as your avatar the other day ! Good idea.
Except I think that was the coat of arms of the Russian Federation, rather than the Russian Empire.
Even then, the look of the coat of arms went through many changes over the years - but all utilized the Double-Headed Eagle in some form !

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

Here you go, Justice :

http://rocana.org/page/home.en/488

PS - I saw that you had a double headed eagle as your avatar the other day ! Good idea.
Except I think that was the coat of arms of the Russian Federation, rather than the Russian Empire.
Even then, the look of the coat of arms went through many changes over the years - but all utilized the Double-Headed Eagle in some form !

I can't make up my mind on which avatar to use, it can get very frustrating! :)

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oh, good, it's bac ! Look GREAT.
Why not keep this avatar ? Makes your postings looks especially distinguished !