Really: Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore!

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Really: Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore!

Post by joasia »

I saw the last half of a Christmas movie with Whoopi. I don't remember the name. She becomes the next Santa Claus. Female S.C. with white dread locks. Of course she wanted to keep some black locks too. I think this covers the spectrum of the 4 main politically correct issues. If you know what I mean.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I agree with you, Joanna.

Whenever I visit my Greek in-laws, they are usually playing the latest Christmas "comedies," which are anything but funny. People are playing Santas in these movies when they should not. It is sacrilegious and beyond blasphemy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

The painting is by Ilya Repin ? I thought it looked familiar. I didn't look at the page.

Maybe the Western-consumption Santa IS from Coca-cola's advertising campaign. That is a good joke, Lydia !
The archetypal American image really has zero to do with St Nicholas of Lycia.

Few in the general world show interest when I exclaim happily : "Today is the Feast Day of St Nicholas".
They don't make any connection, and don't seem to be interested enough to pursue it.

Maria, I know what you mean. I always look for the snowflake patterns in flannel. But I didn't see any at all this year.
I would have stocked up for sure, as the blue and white is so purifying. Unlike the garish patterns usually marketed
around Christmas.