To Metropolitan Paul of Astoria

Moderators: Mark Templet, Mark Templet

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

Deleted

Last edited by Incognito1583 on Sat 1 November 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewmeister2
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by drewmeister2 »

Incognito1583 wrote:

And how could they have believed in the 1920's that the state church was without grace just because of a calendar? The Julian Calendar was never a dogma of the faith. It is not mentioned in the Nicean Creed. It seems like Greek bishops just look for reasons to be feisty. In fact, they are not happy unless they are being feisty. I understand the situation is different today because of ecumenism. The concelebration with heretics and ecumenism is sufficient reason to believe they are without grace. But initially they went to this extreme position because of a calendar? I'm not sure about this anymore. And I'm not sure I believe in the miraculous event of the cross in the sky in 1925 anymore, or in the holy fire in Jerusalem; because Orthodox people lie when they think it is in their best interest. And I totally don't trust the patriarchs. Even if the cross did appear in the sky, it only shows God's approval of using the old calendar. It does not in any way prove the new calendarists were without grace at that time.

The anathemas from multiple councils on those who adopt the Gregorian Calendar is really enough though. Those under anathema are completely cut off from the Church, and those who are no longer part of the Church cannot bear grace. Ecumenism, though, as I already stated, had already started occuring in 1920, and the the calendar was changed for ecumenical purposes. This is yet even more of a reason to condemn the New Calendarists as graceless.

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

Deleted

Last edited by Incognito1583 on Sat 1 November 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

Deleted

Last edited by Incognito1583 on Sat 1 November 2008 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Incognito1583,

Who baptised you? Into what were you baptised?

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

I was baptized into a traditional church. That's all I want to say.

drewmeister2
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by drewmeister2 »

Incognito1583 wrote:

Drewmister, I thought about how you responded and feel it was cold and stagnant. Orthodox people don't have love or heart. They limit their Christianity to liturgy. They don't live out their faith. I see this everywhere. I mentioned atheism and you showed no concern over that. In another forum where I belong, some woman said Orthodox don't have the Holy Spirit. She mentioned how dead the churches are and how hardly anyone even goes to church except for special services. I countered that claim by pointing out the many saints Orthodoxy has produced. If we did not have the Holy Spirit, this would not be possible. I explained to her the basic fallacy of how evangelicals and protestants think by equating the Holy Spirit with feelings and emotions.

I never answered your considering atheism because you addressed your post to Fr. Anastasios, so I thought you wanted a response from him.

My posts have been very pointed and direct, primarily because you continue to ignore answers to the various questions you have asked.

Andrew

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV