Memory Eternal: His Eminence Andrei (Tregub) - TOC-R

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Memory Eternal: His Eminence Andrei (Tregub) - TOC-R

Post by Maria »

From NFTU, we have learned that a devout hierarch of the RTOC has fallen asleep with Christ our Lord.

http://nftu.net/toc-r-repose-metropolit ... ox+News%29

• On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 (February 28 OS) after long and serious illness His Eminence Andrei (Tregub), Metropolitan of Kiev and Galicia, Administrator for the True Orthodox Exarchate in Ukraine, reposed at the age of 52.

May his memory be eternal.

See also this link:
http://ipckatakomb.ru/?s=news&newsgroup=2&nid=1247

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Memory Eternal: His Eminence Andrei (Tregub) - (RTOC)

Post by Barbara »

Indeed, Memory Eternal !
SAD !!! Only 52.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

Unfortunately, he belonged to the synod of Bishop Raphael. According to Father Siluan and the website of the synod of Archbishop Tikhon, this synod is not considered True Orthodox. They commemorate the new Soviet powers and are involved with occult practices. Bishop Raphael was a high ranking member of the Soviet military, and still maintains close ties to the present ruling party.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

WH-A-A-T ?!!!!

Oh my gosh ! That is really weird about Arch.rapahel having been a high ranking Soviet officer.
DO you know in WHICH department of the military: air force, army, navy ?
Maybe in military intel. too ? What if ?
Or the dread Spetsnaz special operations forces ?

Yikes.

Well no wonder that name of the Bishop did not ring a bell ! I figured he was one of whom I had not heard,
not keeping up on the hierarchy or flock in Russia or Ukraine.

We must have better information available, then, to the real RTOC members, so that confusions like this -- or worse
ones -- do not take place.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Memory Eternal: His Eminence Andrei (Tregub) - TOC-R

Post by Maria »

With all these TOC jurisdictions, I think we need a clearing house to sift out the real from the fraudulent.

Moderator Note: This thread has been moved from the Prayer Forum into the Intra-TOC Polemics Private Forum.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

Post by searn77 »

Memory eternal!

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

I would normally not post in the private forums, but since I am in a Synod in communion with Metr Raphael, have actually met him and interviewed him, I am going to respond simply.

Everything that was repeated in this thread about Metropolitan Raphael is false, and despite our denials continues to be spread; despite our goodwill towards some of their people and clergy, for some reason RTOC people seem the most threatened by us, perhaps because of the fact that we have Seraphimo-Gennadites in our Synod (I'll get to that below).

Metropolitan Raphael was involved with alternative medicine in the past before he became the head of the TOC-R. Combined with prayer, his medical service became well known and he gained the nickname "the healer". This became expanded by nothing more than legend until finally he was "using secret occult techniques". All you have to do to find out the truth is ask him or any of the 20 Bishops of the Synod. He is not hiding in secret.

He was not a "high-ranking military official" in the world. In fact, it would be closer to say that he was in fact a military contractor, as he was part of a smaller department of the Soviet military deployed for foreign missions, including for hire, which is how he was injured-- and why he retired honorably-- no other reason.

Finally, he has no ties to the present government; in fact, when last year's calendar was issued it became popular even among MP people in Moscow. Within months of publication, he was getting harassed by government agencies, including the tax service, at the behest of the MP. For a while last year, we were afraid he'd be illegally imprisoned. Thankfully, he was eventually left alone. Of course, it's a catch-22. If he is freed, it was through the "help" of the government. If he's imprisoned, he's guilty. You can't win.

Frankly, with all due respect to Fr Siluan and the RTOC, I respect them-- especially for the good they did in Serbia-- but the fact remains that Abp Lazarus of Tambov, their "saintly founder", was definitely MP clergy, and probably a KGB agent, who did a lovely job of obliterating the catacomb church wherever he went unless he could control it, particularly with the Seraphimo-Gennadites. I didn't say that after the repose of any hierarch, including Abp Lazarus himself. If that's the right way to behave, perhaps I should start.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)