Letter of Bp. Demetrios about Recent events in HOCNA

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Letter of Bp. Demetrios about Recent events in HOCNA

Post by Maria »

I cannot read the letter in its entirety as it is too large and cuts off the right hand side of the letter.

Is there any fix? Thanks.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

Post by searn77 »

Maria wrote:

I cannot read the letter in its entirety as it is too large and cuts off the right hand side of the letter.

I'm not sure where Bp. Demetrius' letter was originally posted but you can read it here on NFTU:
http://nftu.net/hocna-bp-demetrius-statement/

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

searn77 wrote:
Maria wrote:

I'm not sure where Bp. Demetrius' letter was originally posted but you can read it here on NFTU:

That copy on NFTU is also unreadable. I tried enlarging it, but then I must continually shift from left to right.
My vision is not that good, so after reading only one paragraph, I am left dizzy and nauseated.

However, the good bishop has written well, and I would really like to see what he has written.

Last edited by Maria on Mon 17 September 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

searn77
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Metropolia of Americas & Brit. Isles

Post by searn77 »

Maria wrote:
searn77 wrote:
Maria wrote:

That copy on NFTU is also unreadable. Perhaps it is because I am using a Mac.

If you look directly over the letter on the NFTU website you'll see a scale percentage for the font that you can adjust to make the print larger. Or to the right of the percentage is a picture of what looks like a computer monitor. If you click on that picture the letter will open in full screen.

Troparion of St. Philaret of New York
Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

searn77 wrote:

If you look directly over the letter on the NFTU website you'll see a scale percentage for the font that you can adjust to make the print larger. Or to the right of the percentage is a picture of what looks like a computer monitor. If you click on that picture the letter will open in full screen.

Yes, I saw that.

Sorry, I was editing my post above while you were typing your post. Please see my post above. Thanks.

The pictures and pdf documents as posted on NFTU are not readable. I have double vision.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

A dilligent search on our latest pdf's has a link to downlad the document to the computer, to use on the reader of your own choice.

It's the link under the .pdf image that says "Download Document to PC"

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)