Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Ephrem
Jurisdiction: FROC/ROAC

Re: Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Post by Ephrem »

Lord, have mercy. Why would anyone take advice from a Lavrite about resisting heresy?

Ephrem Cummings, Subdeacon
ROAC

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

Isn't this about the time for the 3rd MP stooge, Fr Aiden to make his appearance ?

priest_Steven

Post by priest_Steven »

Suaiden wrote:
priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph I will respond to each of your points in the morning from a computer instead of a cell phone.

Seeing as NFTU publishes the work of latins and masons - and you claim "world orthodox need not apply" - I'll check NFTU to make sure there are no pieces on your site written by "world orthodox". Not that I think you are lying, just want to be thorough!

Have a nice night, get some rest. I look forward to chatting with on all of this tomorrow,

Fr. S

Oh, I think you misunderstood, and I wouldn't want you to waste too much time writing. What I mean is I would never bring on any World Orthodox as an editor, not that we wouldn't use their news stories if they're news stories that aren't self-serving puff pieces. I love reading Mark Stokoe's stuff. But what I mean is that none of your stories would make it unless they were NEWS. If they were not NEWS, I wouldn't put them up.

You seem to not realize NFTU is a news blog. It's what we do.

If you really want to put up your "news story", please-- make your own "news site" (or join ROCOR-United, Alex would probably love to have you). May I suggest "Notes from the Ecumenists" (NFTE) or maybe "Notes from the Kremlin" (NFTK)?

Have a good night!

Fr. Joseph, given your own Synod's ecumenism don't you think your suggestion of starting NFTE would be something to be started from your camp? However, NEWS about exposing ecumenism and reporting TOC activity is NOT really what you do Fr. Joseph or you would be covering your own! What you do is simply propaganda. The KGB has nothing on you, especially with how you are handling this item of the ecumenism of your own Synod! We should examine not only this current item but past items in this thread as well. Just as you do to others. Apparently you have made many comments on other past MIlan ecumenistic items on other lists so we will get to those in context as the topic advances.

Also, Indeed you do link to "world orthodox" sites for NFTU news. You link to all sorts of so-called "world orthodox" pieces on NFTU allegedly exposing ecumenism. As such, if a piece was written including the direct posts from Milan clerics dealing with this crisis, you should link to that also.

Here is one linked directly to an EP organization: http://www.archons.org/news/detail.asp?id=415 . The obvious criteria is that what you link to has to fit your agenda, no matter where the source.

As for your concern wasting my time writing, don't worry. It's not a waste of time! Look at the traffic of this thread alone!

Stay tuned as I answer the rest of your questions from your previous posts.

• Fr. S
priest_Steven

Post by priest_Steven »

[quote="Suaiden"] What effect is it having on my Synod NOW? Who said we are dealing with a potential schism?

Don't play this game. You said in this very thread comments which squarely addresses the current effect this crisis could have in your Synod. Read your own words!

"Certainly this will alienate a number of people from our Church in the short-term. Off-record, my personal feeling is that we deserve what we are getting, since this wasn't resolved the first time. That said, I am confident this will be resolved, and in a way, this will help further enhance the standing of many in our Synod's desire to better enforce and apply the sacred canons and express True Orthodoxy. In a sense, I can't see a negative, since we have to look at the potential probabilities for departure.

1) Those who are strict in their confession of faith and unsatisfied in our Synod will join another True Orthodox jurisdiction, which is our responsibility, and which I hope will leave them more satisfied in spirit. I also hope the Synod's resolution will be satisfactory enough that they will still look upon us in friendship later.

2) Those who are strict in their confession of faith and will wait for the pending resolution of this matter will, God willing, be satisfied. Ironically, the biggest "extremists" Fr Ambrose and Aidan wanted to alienate compose the core of this group.

3) Those who are not strict in their confession of faith and angered with the "alleged rightward shift" of our Synod will use this as an excuse to leave for a more "canonical" bunch (read: World Orthodoxy somewhere), to which I say only "good riddance".

So Fr. Joseph you have answered your own questions.

• Fr. S
Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph, given your own Synod's ecumenism don't you think your suggestion of starting NFTE would be something to be started from your camp? However, NEWS about exposing ecumenism and reporting TOC activity is NOT really what you do Fr. Joseph or you would be covering your own! What you do is simply propaganda. The KGB has nothing on you, especially with how you are handling this item of the ecumenism of your own Synod!

Since I am sure you really believe that, what you mean is because, per request, I won't reveal the proceedings of an internal investigation of my Bishops of a five year old letter on a news site, this is basically the same thing as throwing saints in jail, murdering them en masse, dressing agents in the robes of the dead saints, and committing a fraud.

Only a real KGB sympathizer could really make that sort of comparison.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

priest_Steven wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

What effect is it having on my Synod NOW? Who said we are dealing with a potential schism?

Don't play this game. You said in this very thread comments which squarely addresses the current effect this crisis could have in your Synod. Read your own words!
So Fr. Joseph you have answered your own questions.

• Fr. S

None of the three possibilities are a crisis for me. They are an embarrassing situation. One you and Fr Ambrose would like to milk for what they are worth by keeping alive when it was decided to resolve this internally two weeks ago.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

mmcxristidis wrote:

Isn't this about the time for the 3rd MP stooge, Fr Aiden to make his appearance ?

I think after watching the performance of his compatriots on a stage not moderated by clergy of the ROCOR-MP, he'd probably pass. Sort of looks like a plane lifting off and crashing.

They got so used to getting little to no response on the Paradosis list, they probably thought that'd happen again here.

Well, let's welcome them both the Euphrosynos Cafe. After all, they both joined just to talk about this. But there's so much other Orthodox stuff here to make them mad!