Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

priest_Steven

Re: Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Post by priest_Steven »

Fr. Joseph I will respond to each of your points in the morning from a computer instead of a cell phone.

Seeing as NFTU publishes the work of latins and masons - and you claim "world orthodox need not apply" - I'll check NFTU to make sure there are no pieces on your site written by "world orthodox". Not that I think you are lying, just want to be thorough!

Have a nice night, get some rest. I look forward to chatting with on all of this tomorrow,

Fr. S

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph I will respond to each of your points in the morning from a computer instead of a cell phone.

Seeing as NFTU publishes the work of latins and masons - and you claim "world orthodox need not apply" - I'll check NFTU to make sure there are no pieces on your site written by "world orthodox". Not that I think you are lying, just want to be thorough!

Have a nice night, get some rest. I look forward to chatting with on all of this tomorrow,

Fr. S

Oh, I think you misunderstood, and I wouldn't want you to waste too much time writing. What I mean is I would never bring on any World Orthodox as an editor, not that we wouldn't use their news stories if they're news stories that aren't self-serving puff pieces. I love reading Mark Stokoe's stuff. But what I mean is that none of your stories would make it unless they were NEWS. If they were not NEWS, I wouldn't put them up.

You seem to not realize NFTU is a news blog. It's what we do.

If you really want to put up your "news story", please-- make your own "news site" (or join ROCOR-United, Alex would probably love to have you). May I suggest "Notes from the Ecumenists" (NFTE) or maybe "Notes from the Kremlin" (NFTK)?

Have a good night!

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Hieromonk Ambrose

Post by Hieromonk Ambrose »

Suaiden wrote:
priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph the story is the fact that TODAY, NOW you are responding to 5 year old ecumenist statement. The story is the effect it is having on your own Synod NOW.

What effect is it having on my Synod NOW?

Who said we are dealing with a potential schism?

Who is engaging in ecumenism in my own Synod? (If there is anyone, that's being investigated, but maybe you know something I don't.)

I suppose that we may know something more. There is one American Milan clergymen in the process of applying for reception into the Russian Church. Three others are corresponding with a view to reception. Admittedly this is prior to the kerfuffle over the Encyclical and is not the result of it. That is not of course a schism per se, it is simply clergy leaving American Milan which numbers, I think, around 14 priests?

What effect the Encyclical itself is having on the American segment of Milan NOW is something that we do not know. It is too early to assess.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:

I suppose that we may know something more. There is one American Milan clergymen in the process of applying for reception into the Russian Church. Three others are corresponding with a view to reception. Admittedly this is prior to the kerfuffle over the Encyclical and is not the result of it. That is not of course a schism per se, it is simply clergy leaving American Milan which numbers, I think, around 14 priests?

What effect the Encyclical itself is having on the American segment of Milan NOW is something that we do not know. It is too early to assess.

Not sure which one decided to leave (we suspect we know who) :) but in any case, it doesn't affect us. I am pretty sure that if any of them were leaving over the encyclical, they wouldn't go to the Moscow Patriarchate, which is in communion with the subject of the encyclical.

You don't know our full numbers, because we've never published a full directory, even now.

That said, on NFTU you claimed Vassula Ryden was excommunicated by the Greek Church to cover that she didn't have official sanction. Strange thing though. On that Latin site which had the original Catholic-Orthodox concelebration story, the author pointed out that in fact she was under the Patriarchate of Alexandria.

"See:
http://www.tlig.org/en/news/2009-12-04/2104/

this:

http://www.tlig.org/en/mission/reports/ ... gypt-2009/

and this:

http://www.tlig.org/en/spirituality/pil ... egypt2008/

The last report clearly states that Catholics were also communed by no less than the Greek Orthodox Patriarch himself on Pascha 2008. This was confirmed to me by a Filipina Catholic who had been present at the Liturgy."

Did you know that when you posted your defense of the ecumenists?

Hieromonk Ambrose

Suaiden wrote:

I find it quite odd that I post the fact that Mrs Ryden is stated to be excommunicated by the Greek Orthodox Church and you interpret that as a defence of ecumenists! But... could we stay on topic please. The heretical Encyclical of Milan.

I still cannot figure out how to post a .pdf file to the Cafe. If anybody wants a copy of the Encyclical please contact me. It is also in the Files of Orthodox-Tradition.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

I find it quite odd that I post the fact that Mrs Ryden is stated to be excommunicated by the Greek Orthodox Church and you interpret that as a defence of ecumenists! But... could we stay on topic please.

I am on topic. So you did know. A pseudo-mystic ecumenist leader helping promote concelebrations between Orthodox and Catholics and you covered it up by saying the "Greek Orthodox Church" (in Athens) excommunicated her.

Yet she's under the Alexandrians. The SAME Alexandrians who also commune Monophysites. DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE ALEXANDRIAN PATRIARCHATE, FATHER? The one that communes and concelebrates with the very heretics we've been discussing?

I am VERY MUCH ON TOPIC.

Hieromonk Ambrose

Petition to the Ecumenical Patriarchate to Excommunicate Vassula Ryden

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14650493181