Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

priest_Steven

Re: Metropolitan Evloghios of Milan

Post by priest_Steven »

Fr. Joseph you are in my prayers and I wish you and your family the best outcome.

I know you don't post on the tradition list so I wanted to include an item into this conversation which deserves to be addressed. That is the fact that I have been looking at your NFTU blog since I heard of this item and NOTHING on this.

You have branded NFTU as the premier site covering ecumenism posting stories written by latins and even masons. Now here we have a story right in your own house that should qualify as front page news. Not a peep!

Forgive me for being so direct but why are you so quick to post pieces written by latins and masons which you trumpet against so-called "world orthodoxy" yet here is a direct story about your own Synod - which you yourself admit IS ecumenism complete with source documentation - and you don't report it? Don't you think the way you ignore this story on NFTU comes across as a cover up and gives the impression that you are willing to skip over on NFTU ecumenism when it appears in the TOC?

Given your failure to report your own Synod's ecumenism, one now wonders what other TOC ecumenism NFTU is aware of and not reporting.

I would have posted your wife's response on tradition list but I am posting on my PDA and cannot access the posts. I shall do so later to advance this facet of the topic.

priest Steven

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

Overruled. You yourself and Father Aidan alone have been promoting the discussion of this topic, repeatedly. You have uploaded it to multiple servers. It was premeditated and was not accidental. You also discussed it on Occidentalis before moving to Paradosis.

There was a message on Occidentalis. Father Aidan stepped in and stopped the discussion, pointing out that Occidentalis is dedicated to the discussion of Western Rite.

Not before falsely claiming that his list was uncensored as opposed to OrthodoxWest (when in fact posts of mine and others have been blocked). He then joined you on the Paradosis list.

"It's sad, because OrthodoxWest has been a forum for free exchange of ideas for most of its existence. Still, I would point out, its moderators have the
authority to restrict and censor it at will, to the degree they wish, or to the degree they are ordered to.

Occidentalis is the only uncensored forum in the world, for discussion of Western Rite Orthodoxy (in English, that I know of). No one is giving ecclesiastical commands to me as the Occidentalis moderator, to censor any "enemies." One person who had a bone to pick, tried to get this group shut down
by appealing to the ROCOR hierarchy, but nothing came of it."
-- Post #17350

Stop lying. You also falsely claimed I was a co-moderator on OrthodoxWest. Again, stop lying.

Apologies. Somebody mentioned on Orthodox-Traditon that you also moderated OrthodoxWest.

Weren't you or Father Aidan "that person"? (Could have sworn it was you.) It wasn't "third-hand misinformation", to my knowledge. It was quite second-hand.

But, Father, all you are doing in your mountain of words is pushing trival things to the fore and avoiding the heart of the matter -the heresy of the Encyclical.

Because that is being dealt with. There's nothing else really to say on it. Would you like me to keep saying more about it? It's heretical and I don't know who wrote it. It's in the name of the Metropolitan and appeared seemingly out of nowhere (until we found out it came from Fr Aidan). What else is there to discuss about it, really? YOU keep saying it's heretical, and yet YOU are in communion with the heretics in the letter. So YOU can explain why the encyclical is heretical.

Please, since we all agree the letter is heretical (encyclical is even a poor choice of words but I use it for convenience.) TELL US. Why is that letter heretical?

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph you are in my prayers and I wish you and your family the best outcome.

Hey, the Cheka's all here. I pray for you too, Fr Steven. You should leave the Soviet Church you've been defending now for over a year. I notice you are arguing this on Paradosis as well (one of their "brother clergy" I referenced in the first post, Jonathan!)

How strange! Within minutes of this argument starting you showed up too! (You had been browsing the forum for about 10 minutes.)

I know you don't post on the tradition list so I wanted to include an item into this conversation which deserves to be addressed.

It was already addressed.

That is the fact that I have been looking at your NFTU blog since I heard of this item and NOTHING on this.

You have branded NFTU as the premier site covering ecumenism posting stories written by latins and even masons.

Perhaps if you stopped concelebrating with Latins and having your photos taken with masons those stories wouldn't have happened!

Now here we have a story right in your own house that should qualify as front page news. Not a peep!

That's right, because it is a 5-year old letter and we have a news site. If we reported everything we learned in the Soviet archives, you'd say "it's a different day", correct? NFTU has a general policy (it's not just me) of avoiding stories after they are 60 days old. We accept we can miss something. But this isn't a story-- two monks of the new Soviet ROCOR with an axe to grind dig up a letter few have seen and the authorship of which was questionable to attack two editors of NFTU by trying to "dig up dirt" on their particular hierarch (NFTU has different jurisdictions represented) having run out of other dirt to throw in true KGB style.

Nah, still five year old news. If we sat there digging up all the ecumenical stuff in your churches (have to be consistent, you know) we'd never have time to report on all the ecumenical activities you're involved in now.

Hieromonk Ambrose

Post by Hieromonk Ambrose »

Suaiden wrote:

NFTU is a news site. We don't discuss 5-year old news.

The heretical Encyclical was issued from the Synod of Milan in 2005, but the investigation is under way right now, today, October 2010. It is certainly a topic of current interest and news.

It may well effect the Primate His Holiness Evloghios I if he is found guilty of heresy (which seems obvious really from the Encyclical) and his position as head of the Church, and it will certainly raise questions with the clergy and faithful of Milan.

This is all under investigation right now and that is why it is newsworthy and being discussed.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Hieromonk Ambrose wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

NFTU is a news site. We don't discuss 5-year old news.

The heretical Encyclical was issued from the Synod of Milan in 2005, but the investigation is under way right now, today, October 2010

Not issued by whole Synod... Internal investigation... stop fishing

priest_Steven

Post by priest_Steven »

Fr. Joseph the story is the fact that TODAY, NOW you are responding to 5 year old ecumenist statement. The story is the effect it is having on your own Synod NOW.
Obviously the age of the declaration is serious enough for your people to be dealing with potential schism!

Surely you don't expect anyone to buy your excuse of why you are not covering the ecumenism in your own Synod!

Since you post stories from latins and masons - and you consider my Church to be equal to them - will you post on NFTU a story I would write about this event?

priest Steven

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

priest_Steven wrote:

Fr. Joseph the story is the fact that TODAY, NOW you are responding to 5 year old ecumenist statement. The story is the effect it is having on your own Synod NOW.

What effect is it having on my Synod NOW?

priest_Steven wrote:

Obviously the age of the declaration is serious enough for your people to be dealing with potential schism!

Who said we are dealing with a potential schism?

priest_Steven wrote:

Surely you don't expect anyone to buy your excuse of why you are not covering the ecumenism in your own Synod!

Who is engaging in ecumenism in my own Synod? (If there is anyone, that's being investigated, but maybe you know something I don't.)

priest_Steven wrote:

Since you post stories from latins and masons - and you consider my Church to be equal to them - will you post on NFTU a story I would write about this event?

Sorry, World Orthodox need not apply

Last edited by Suaidan on Mon 11 October 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.