Ecumenical project

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

nun.xenia
Jurisdiction: Hierarchial Conference of ROAC

Ecumenical project

Post by nun.xenia »

Here is a video of the recent ecumenical project: five religions pray together in one song.

In the middle the choir of Belgorod Seminary of Moscow Partiarchate starts their "prayer to Holy Trinity". The head of the choir is protopriest Nicholas Katsu. They did it with the blessing of Archbishop John of Belgorod (Moscow partiarchate).

Actually, this is very impressive.

StephenG
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Noncurrently

Re: Ecumenical project

Post by StephenG »

It certainly makes an impression, for an Orthodox viewer one of horror. It nails the theology of the MP to the mast for all to see.

A wanderer, trying to discern truth from falsehood

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

nun.xenia wrote:

...Actually, this is very impressive.

LOL, so this impressed you? That's pretty funny.

I, on the other hand, found it disturbing and twisted. As a matter of fact, near the end of the video when all the symbols of faith were being intertwined into a nice little globe thingy, the only real thought I had was, what a perfect opening act it would be for the Antichrist to take stage. Of course, then the little globe would probably have to transform into the "King of Israel!" Or at least follow up with his symbol, what ever that will be...

:|

et vidi et audivi vocem unius aquilae volantis per medium caelum dicentis voce magna vae vae vae habitantibus in terra de ceteris vocibus tubae trium angelorum qui erant tuba canituri...

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

You have to understand that English is not nun Xenia's first language. I don't think she meant it was impressive in the positive sense that many would understand it.

nun Xenia, sometimes if a person wishes to express their approval of something or even some person, they may say, "Very impressive!" or "I'm very impressed!" It is meant to convey a sense of awe or admiration about something. One can be impressed by just about anything. It typically has a positive connotation when used with the adverb "very" (i.e. "very impressed"). However, it is possible to say that someone or something left a "very bad impression" on me. But when you just say that you are "very impressed," this comes across as expressing approval.

I think all nun Xenia meant to say was that this video made a strong impression on her. A strong impression can be good or bad; favorable or unfavorable.

nyc_xenia
Jr Member

Post by nyc_xenia »

Cyprian wrote:

...I think all nun Xenia meant to say was that this video made a strong impression on her. A strong impression can be good or bad; favorable or unfavorable.

Ah...Got it. 8)

et vidi et audivi vocem unius aquilae volantis per medium caelum dicentis voce magna vae vae vae habitantibus in terra de ceteris vocibus tubae trium angelorum qui erant tuba canituri...

nun.xenia
Jurisdiction: Hierarchial Conference of ROAC

Post by nun.xenia »

nun Xenia, sometimes if a person wishes to express their approval of something or even some person, they may say, "Very impressive!" or "I'm very impressed!" It is meant to convey a sense of awe or admiration about something. One can be impressed by just about anything. It typically has a positive connotation when used with the adverb "very" (i.e. "very impressed"). However, it is possible to say that someone or something left a "very bad impression" on me. But when you just say that you are "very impressed," this comes across as expressing approval.

Thank you, dear Cyprian, I did not know this. My language is Russian and I did not know this difference.
Similar thing is with the word "agressise". In Russian in means only something bad. But in English it can be both good and bad as I have found out.

And here is another ecumenical video: the new Pope and Patr Bartholonew are saying the Creed together at the service. Such things started to be discussed in Russia now bacause a considerable group is going to leave Moscow Partiarchate, so I decided to post the links here:

nyc_xenia
Jr Member

Post by nyc_xenia »

You could always use Google translate when you are not able to get a clear understanding on a word:

http://translate.google.com/#auto|ru|impressive

See...

:wink: