St Mary of Egypt, Pray for all of us!

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Catherine5

St Mary of Egypt, Pray for all of us!

Post by Catherine5 »

In a fascinating twist of irony, details of Sarah Palin's contract with California State University were dug out a trash can/recycling bin and emerged in full living color today, the day of extreme ascetic St Mary of Egypt:

"A group of CSU Stanislaus students ... retrieved five pages of the contract from a campus trash bin last Friday after hearing administrators were engaged in shredding documents.

The contract detailed the former Alaska governor's requirements for her visit, including first-class flights from Anchorage to California — if she flies commercial.

If not, "the private aircraft MUST BE a Lear 60 or larger ...," the contract specifies."

I used to study the literature on Lear jets as a part of a job, so this really hit me as extravagant, especially for a nouveau-politican touting herself as an everyday American wife and mother with the common touch.

She had already been ridiculed by the revelations of the Politico column of her gigantic spending - all with Republican presidential campaign money, of course - on tons of outfits at expensive department stores like Neiman-Marcus.

Hmn, this childhood Catholic-turned heavy evangelical [the video of her 'church' 'service' in Wasilla is nauseating to watch for more than a second or two] may need an Icon of St Mary of Egypt. If a number of people mailed them, she might get a message !
[Quiet, Joasia!]