Intercessions in hell

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Intercessions in hell

Post by joasia »

Pravo,

This is not a platform. It's a discussion.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

jechenaudrey

Post by jechenaudrey »

It was neither Islam nor Bolshevism that destroyed islam but the Greek and Russian people themselves who got lazy to keep up the work and was it not Theotokos took away an ICON of herself before Byzantium fell? Stop blaming the devil, gees the guy will be thrown into the furnace after the great judgement anyways...big boogeyman. There are nine councils plus local synods after 787AD one of which refutes anathemas of the filioque. That is why in my opinion it is for the great Asiatic nations to carry the banner of Orthodoxy forward far into the distant future. China, India, Japan, and other nations are continuous empires when Russia and Byzantium fell...Mao had a point about self examination.

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

jechenaudrey wrote:

It was neither Islam nor Bolshevism that destroyed islam but the Greek and Russian people themselves who got lazy to keep up the work and was it not Theotokos took away an ICON of herself before Byzantium fell? Stop blaming the devil, gees the guy will be thrown into the furnace after the great judgement anyways...big boogeyman. There are nine councils plus local synods after 787AD one of which refutes anathemas of the filioque. That is why in my opinion it is for the great Asiatic nations to carry the banner of Orthodoxy forward far into the distant future. China, India, Japan, and other nations are continuous empires when Russia and Byzantium fell...Mao had a point about self examination.

I still think this person is a muslim and it's a good idea to remove this person from this forum, I don't believe he is really interested in becoming Orthodox, more like he wants to drool his dribble here.

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

It was neither Islam nor Bolshevism that destroyed islam but the Greek and Russian people themselves who got lazy to keep up the work

One year prior to the fall of Constantinople, the heretical and schismatic pope was allowed to serve in Agia Sophia, the Orthodox people(not all) of the Empire had become "luke warm". With the fall of the Byzantium Empire came a gruesome persecution of Orthodox Christians by the Turks. It is through this persecution that zeal was reborn in the Orthodox Christians of this region, Orthodox glady hurried to their martyrdom, they clung on to their faith and language with all their being, as this was all they had left and both were made illegal by the Turks. I believe the same can be said for the fall of the Russian empire as well via Bolshevism. Everything that God allows to happen is an opportunity to benifit us in our path to salvation.

There are nine councils

The Orthodox Church proclaims that there are 7 Ecumenical Council.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

was not St Constantine baptized by an Arian bishop?

No. He was baptized by St. Sylvester, Bishop of Rome who also helped St. Helen find the Holy Cross of Christ. He was not an arian. Where do you get your information from??

did not the Orthodox bishop at that time made an extreme act of economia by glorfying him?

St. Sylvester is Orthodox. What bishop are you talking about?

That is why in my opinion it is for the great Asiatic nations to carry the banner of Orthodoxy forward far into the distant future.

No. The Orthodox saints have prophesied that Russian will re-juvenate their faith. It is in the process now. The Russian soul will repent. Orthodoxy will flourish, in Russia first and then spread throughout the world, for those who want to come to Christ and the rest will follow the world which is manipulated by the haters of God. The Lord will have mercy on all who want to come to Him through Orthodoxy. A Tsar will be established again...one who comes from Byzantium which will link the Russia and Greece and Constantinople will be liberated from the Turks, by him. He will be fervent in faith, intellectual and have an iron will. He will bring about order in the Orthodox Church and God will purge the evil-doers. Then there will be some peace for a short while and then the anti-christ will begin his
persecutions. But, God will allow this short time of faith in order to bring more souls to Him.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

joasia wrote:

Pravo,

This is not a platform. It's a discussion.

Joasia,

Code: Select all

I do not understand what you are disparaging here as a "platform." Please enlighten me.  My above comment about demonic influences on Mohammedism was made in the context of the discussion here about whether Mohammed was truly a "prophet," according to the Greek definition of the term.   The Moslems say, for example, "There is one God, and Mohammed is his prophet."  As an Orthodox Christian, it appears to me, however, that Mohammed was not a "prophet" of God at all, but rather a man deluded by Satan.  My understanding of the Orthodox view is that the knowledge imparted by demons does not include any true "prophetic" ability to foretell the future.  Demons have no true knowledge of the future, but do have knowledge of contemporaneous events.  Hence, if one has knowledge or information imparted from demons, it is not really "prophetic."
Catherine5

Post by Catherine5 »

I found your earlier description of Mohammad offensive to the extreme.
Sometimes insecure people seem to care about bolstering themselves up at the expense of another religion or group. Since every Orthodox on here would look down on Muslims, Pravoslavnik is safe in mocking their revered figure.
I suggest some deep examination why it is so necessary for him to be pointing a cruel finger at another group that has nothing to do with him, to salve perhaps a wounded conscience?
Why does he constantly insist that Muslims are the anti-Christ ? It's absurd. I would say that he comes from a painfully restricted world-view and has not met one Muslim in his life, at least more in passing, hence is not remotely qualified to judge.
Muslims on the whole, are very kind. I can't ever use that adjective for a single Orthodox Christian I have met over the past 14 years. They may have wonderful qualities, but kindness is rare. Open-heartedness? Rare.
I suggest Pravoslavnik take an extended trip through South Asia to find out just how "anti-Christ" as he calls them, these people are.
One could say they have wrong dogmas, but find out about the people who are brought up in Muslim cultures. They truly would extend themselves to help in the most unbelievable ways any Westerner, any Christian, etc. Why? Because they respect others as guests or travelers who should be treated as God would wish them to. I have been all over, and I can hardly believe how cold most Americans are. Why? They are self-oriented. Whereas someone who has kept the values that he was trained in by a nice Muslim mother, very painstakingly over long years, with great love, leaps to help another in difficulty! No matter they are: they will never interrogate you " are you an Orthodox ?" and then disdain to help you. But I bet most Orthodox would turn up their noses at this not only 'inferior" but "satanic" group and walk away.
In the Muslim countries, parents value their children deeply, and shower them with warmth and affection.
Here in the 21st century U.S., all one hears and sees in public are parents, who yell at or remonstrate with their children, giving the impression of having little time or use for them. That's a generalization, but just travel to the Muslim world, especially South Asia, yourself to see the difference, how lovingly the Muslim are trained, with religious values and the Fear of God instilled in them, by mothers who do not go out to work but center their lives only on being with their children. Don't EVER believe the US media, influenced by pro-israeli interests to encourage hatred of israel's foes: the Arabs and Muslims. See for yourself, it's the only way. Then tell me if your heart wasn't touched by the magnificent and most generous treatment you received EVERYwhere!
Exercise usual caution as pickpockets abound everywhere in the world. There may be many who are hoping for help with a visa to the US and thus have some self-interest. But the outpouring of warmth and friendliness toward you as a Western visitor to their country is little short of incredible.
I never have once heard even the most "fanatic" self-admitted terrorist partisan breathe a word about the Lord Jesus Christ, or any Christian individually or collectively as being from Shaitan, or being "anti-Muslim" - they think kindly about Christians as they deeply love and revere Jesus, of Whom they speak in only the most reverential terms, with great awe in their voices. And as is well known, they also adore "Hazrat -i- Maryam", the Mother of the Savior. To me, the devil is present in religions where the Mother of God is hated and cast under foot, such as Protestants. Because the Devil is always very much against the Mother of God, as it's She who casts him under HER heel.
Let's have some clear thinking, not bigoted prejudices. It doesn't serve anybody to denigrate another group which doesn't deserve it.
Finally, the word Prophet is used for ANY great Representative of God, the word in Arabic, Rasul-Allah means Messenger of God. Jesus is also called a Prophet. The word has little or nothing to do with their ability to generate prophecy for the future; they do not mean someone like Nostradamus!
Please study elementary Islam - but not any of the texts hastily rushed into print to satisfy the post-911 craze against Muslims. In general, few American scholars are very perceptive about Islam; some of the older British authorities had more of a feel for it, since they had to deal with many Muslims in their former Empire. There IS one excellent American academic whose books I would heartily recommend. If you are even open at all to investigating this more, I will be glad to give his name.