Intercessions in hell

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Constantine

Re: Intercessions in hell

Post by Constantine »

Joasia, my apologies if I came across harsh, please forgive me.

Constantine

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Constantine,

I can always trust that you will be there to set me straight.

Jeff, please forgive me for my insolence. I truely hope that you will have a clear path to Holy Baptism.

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

mmcxristidis wrote:

My question is if he does indeed unite with the Orthodox Church will he become a Matthewite, will he be re-baptised?

It is not really your business, but Jeff has never been baptised. If he "does indeed unite with the Orthodox Church" he will be an Orthodox Christian.
The clergyman who baptises one who is already baptised is to be deposed. The clergyman who fails to baptise one who has not been baptised is to be deposed.

If anyone wants to discuss this further it should be done in a thread named "baptism".

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

jechenaudrey

Post by jechenaudrey »

Trust me I am learning about orthodoxy not unorthodoxy...I am just discreditting everything that is unorthodox to the point that I can be orthodox.
Then again I am still waiting for answers on why and how Orthodoxy conducted missions in the far east only to leave converts under catechumenized
and without monasticism.

jechenaudrey

Post by jechenaudrey »

Muhammed was a prophet in an generic Greek sense---a speaker--whether or not his prophecies come true that is another story.
Whether or not I revert back to Islam or Buddhism that is my business besides how many of you have ever read the church fathers
in the original Greek? Jeff C.

jechenaudrey

Post by jechenaudrey »

On the otherside of the coin, how many of you have seriously compared Orthodox theology vs RC?

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

jechenaudrey wrote:

Muhammed was a prophet in an generic Greek sense---a speaker--whether or not his prophecies come true that is another story.
Whether or not I revert back to Islam or Buddhism that is my business besides how many of you have ever read the church fathers
in the original Greek? Jeff C.

You sure do seem to revert alot besides seeming to know alot of things. So you are also able to speak,read and write in the original Greek, very impressive!

Last edited by mmcxristidis on Wed 8 April 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.