Intercessions in hell

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Kybihetz21

Re: Intercessions in hell

Post by Kybihetz21 »

Do we need all of this nonsense here?
Could it be AT LEAST moved to a different area? Nothing about Traditional Orthodoxy on it.
Thank you!

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

[quote="jechenaudrey"]Trust me I am learning about orthodoxy not unorthodoxy...I am just discreditting everything that is unorthodox to the point that I can be orthodox.

Well, you can start with not believing the Church had 9 Ecumenical Councils

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

[quote="Kybihetz21"]Do we need all of this nonsense here?

Hello Michael,have a good Lent

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Muhammed was a prophet in an generic Greek sense---a speaker--whether or not his prophecies come true that is another story

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophet
PROPHET

1.a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

muhammed was not a prophet in the greek, russian, american, canadian, chinese, french or any other nationalistic sense. But the most important "sense", is that muhammed was not a prophet in Orthodox "sense".

Constantine

Last edited by Constantine on Wed 8 April 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

On the otherside of the coin, how many of you have seriously compared Orthodox theology vs RC?

How serious is serious to you? I'm a convert from RC. So I did a lot of comparisions. What do you want to know?

But, you do spread yourself out over a lot of issues. The main focus should be the Orthodox teachings which will give you insight into the differences with worldly philosophical views that are wrongly considered faith. The main teachings from Christ and passed down through from the holy fathers is that the most important focus in our lives should be repentence and humility. Everything else grows from that.

The Orthodox faith is a belief that the Church is a hospital. The Good Samaritan is an example of that teaching, straight from the Holy Bible. The holy fathers explain that Christ established a physical Church here, with the people as the body and Him as the Head. And we need the Holy Mysteries in our lives in order to help us heal(spiritually). The clergy are the physicians for our souls.

Look to the Orthodox spiritual teachings and don't confuse yourself about the worldly aspects. You will find all the answers in the spiritual teachings and of course you will need prudent guidance from an Orthodox priest. Unfortunately, the RC lost their sight on the true teachings and started to intellectualize their faith. And from that, all forms of innovations were developed wich led them farther away. They have become totally disconnected from God, of their own free will. Their detrimental choice was to intellectualize the existence of the Holy Spirit and because of that, they fell away from God. The created human and therefore limited mind cannot contemplate God, the Uncreated, by their limited standards, meaning, they cannot rationalize God with what they know because they know only their limited existence and all the laws that conform to that. We must go beyond that and that can only be accomplished when we put Christ's law into our hearts: repentence and humility.

That's why we are so amazed with miracles....because it's so out of our everyday existence. But, the saints weren't amazed because they had become so close to God that they understood these miracles like we would understand about driving in a car as opposed to a person from the 15th century. It was part of their(saints') lifestyle. They understood how we should live, in Christ, because they were living it. We aren't...yet. That is our goal; to live in Christ.

Again, my apologizes. All I can say is, read the holy fathers, constantly. Over time, it sinks into the soul and nourishes it.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Whether or not I revert back to Islam or Buddhism that is my business

Actually, that’s not true. It is our business, in the sense that we hope the person comes to the truth and are very saddened when they reject it. We may react in different ways, but we are truely saddened. I don’t know of anyone, Orthodox, here, who would say, good riddence. Christ wants everyone to unite with Him, but not in various distortions of His teachings but in the full truth. I know of some who turned away. It certainly is not a happy thought.

Muhammed was a prophet in an generic Greek sense

The Orthodox holy fathers never accepted muhammed as anything else but a charlatan. He did the same thing as the protestants...created his own religion. Of course, he plagerized from the jews, pagans and Christians when he observed their lifestyes in Jerusalem. Why do you think islam resembles them, in one degree or another? When he went back home, he picked out the observances that he liked and put them all together, with his own interpretations.

I've seen convert stories from islam to Christianity on Youtube. And these were people born in it. They certainly understood the difference. I am so happy for them. But, I still hope they will come to Orthodoxy.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Mohamed was under the influence of demons, and the Koran is an entirely demonic work, dictated by a demon in the guise of an Archangel. Mohamedism is, among other things, a Christological heresy. Not only did Mohamed deny that Christ is God, one of the Holy Trinity, he claimed that he, Mohamed, the murderer, pedophile, and thief, was the "Paraclete" Whom Christ spoke of to His Apostles, the Holy Spirit and Comforter who would guide the Church in the way of all truth! How can this abomination be regarded as anything other than a foul, demonic distortion of Christian Truth?

Code: Select all

Islam was Satan's greatest invention, along with Bolshevism.  The one destroyed the first great Orthodox Christian empire of world history, Byzantium, and the other destroyed the second great Orthodox Empire, Holy Russia.