Intercessions in hell

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Constantine

Re: Intercessions in hell

Post by Constantine »

Joasia, your link shows no date. What if this person wishes to join the Orthodox faith and is asking questions? Do you know of anyone that just blindly accepts answers from people? Most people when they wish to learn something ask a question, receive an answer and then ask more questions so as to "prove" the original answer to themselves. You have done this before with other people that are mearly asking questions and do not fall flat on their face and accept everything you say or put up any sort of resistence to your answers. The mercy and patience you show to others is what you will receive from God. This person wishes to learn and is asking questions, IF and that is a big IF, you have the answers, then in Orthodox humilty answer him, if you do not have the answers then dont answer him and stop pretending to be the bouncer of Orthodoxy.

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

[. This person wishes to learn and is asking questions,

I'm not so sure this person wishes to learn anything, he seems more interested in discrediting Orthodoxy given the tone of his recent posts.He call Mohammed a prophet among other things.
If you will look at his posting history he beings in Jan. 2006 and posts several until July 2006. These posts seem to ask searching questions about Orthodoxy.One of these posts says he is living in Japan.After that he posts once again in Aug. 2007, then twice again from Apr. 2008 till June 2008 until starting up again in Mar.2009.
The weblink Joasia gave says he is a "revert" to Islam from Christianity,not a convert. That means he was a Muslim, converted to Christianity and again reverted back to Islam. Does this mean he is once again seeking to revert back to Christianity ? I doubt it. It also says he is living in Vancouver BC. I guess he couln'nt find a wife there and came back to Canada after reverting to Islam.
I could be wrong, so Mr Jechenaudrey perhaps we can get you to answer this question, Are you a Muslim?

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I cannot find where this person called mohamed a prophet. Can you show me where this person wrote this please?

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

To put Jeff's "status" to rest it should be sufficient to say that he is seeking union with the Orthodox Church. He will indeed renounce Islam and make an Orthodox Confession of Faith before he is baptised.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Constantine,

I hope for the best, but I am careful about the worst.

Fr Mark,

I respect your comment.

Last edited by joasia on Mon 6 April 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

Constantine wrote:

I cannot find where this person called mohamed a prophet. Can you show me where this person wrote this please?

{ prophet muhammed}

Re: sanctity of Nicholas Kasatkin
by jechenaudrey on Thu 2 April 2009 6:59 pm

Then this does not answer the question why Nicholas Kasatkin established a specifically tailored racial church without monasteries for a people
who are culturally and institutionally xenophobic as the ancient athenians themselves. Nor does it explain why Nicholas Kasatkin was unilaterlly
glorified by MP and ROCOR outside of Japan without any input from the Japanese believers themselves...isnt this how the Vatican proceeds in
her "canonization process" for her saints? Given the fact that Nicholas Kasatkin did NOT perform miraculous feats both in the body and out of the body,
isn't his work not at all like many of his roman catholic counterparts or { prophet muhammed} --does this bring disrespute or even suspicion to his
sanctity both as a bishop and as a saint?jechenaudrey

Private message

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

GOCPriestMark wrote:

To put Jeff's "status" to rest it should be sufficient to say that he is seeking union with the Orthodox Church. He will indeed renounce Islam and make an Orthodox Confession of Faith before he is baptised.

If he was a Muslim,then became a Christian, ( now I don't know as to what "christian church' he had formerly been with,was he baptised if it was Orthodox?) then reverted back to Islam, now maybe he will become Orthodox. My question is if he does indeed unite with the Orthodox Church will he become a Matthewite, will he be re-baptised?