OBAMA, SATAN'S MESSIAH??

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Reality Check

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Joanna,

Code: Select all

Here is your Euphrosynos Cafe post of January 20, 2008 (in red) in which you stated that Obama did not fit the Antichrist's profile of a charismatic leader who would come to world power quickly and have the authority to resolve a world crisis.  (It is posted on the Euphrosynos thread entitled, "Is Barack Obama the Antichrist?" Do you still believe now what you wrote then; that Obama lacks charisma, and would not have the power as the U.S. President to resolve a major world crisis?  (italics mine)  If the U.S. President lacked such power, who wouldn't?

joasia
学者
学者

PostPosted: Sun 20 January 2008 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote
The anti-christ will be from the line of Dan which is the Jewish line. And his seat will be in Jerusalem. He will come to public view with such charisma and such strength that no one will doubt that he could resolve our problems. He will resolve all wars and economic struggles swiftly. Obama doesn't fit that description;

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

joasia wrote:

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Xenia,

I am aware of the signs. Question is...what is the NAME of the anti-christ? We know what will happen, but who are we to say, for sure, that it is Obi? The Temple hasn't been built yet. The two prophets haven't preached in the streets and been killed to lie for three days exposed in the streets. St. Seraphim of Sarov hasn't been preaching in Russia.

My point is, that I will not trust Pravo's opinion about who he thinks it is. It is whimsical thinking and not FACT.

Truly He is Risen!

St. Seraphim preaching in Russia? I haven't read that one.

I agree with you, his name will be revealed when the time comes.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Safe Bet: Obama not THE Antichrist

Post by Suaidan »

An antichrist, maybe. But not the Antichrist, because I am safely certain from a cursory reading of the Fathers that the Antichrist would never have had such a tough time against Hillary Clinton. ("She who restraineth"?) 8)

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Re: Reality Check

Post by nyc_xenia »

Pravoslavnik wrote:

Joanna,

Here is your Euphrosynos Cafe post of January 20, 2008 (in red) in which you stated that Obama did not fit the Antichrist's profile of a charismatic leader who would come to world power quickly and have the authority to resolve a world crisis.  (It is posted on the Euphrosynos thread entitled, "Is Barack Obama the Antichrist?" Do you still believe now what you wrote then; that Obama lacks charisma, and would not have the power as the U.S. President to resolve a major world crisis?  (italics mine)  If the U.S. President lacked such power, who wouldn't?

There's three problems with this idea:

1. His origin of birth; the Antichrist will be born in the Middle East.

The following is an excerpt from the Letter on the Origin and Time of the Antichrist, written approx. 950 by a Benedictine monk Adso of Montier-En-Der. The treatise were written at the request of Queen Gerbera of France for clarification on the details of the rise and life of the Antichrist.

"You have heard how he is to be born; now hear the place where he will be born. Just as Our Lord and Redeemer foresaw Bethlehem for himself as the place to assume humanity and to be born for us, so too the devil knew a place fit for that lost man who is called Antichrist, a place from which the root of all evil (1 Tim. 6:10) ought to come, namely, the city of Babylon. Antichrist will be born in that city, which once was a celebrated and glorious pagan center and the capital of the Persian Empire. It says that he will be brought up and protected in the cities of Bethsaida and Corozain, the cities that the Lord reproaches in the Gospel when he says, "Woe to you, Bethsaida, woe to you Corozain!" (Matt. 11.21). The Antichrist will have magicians, enchanters, diviners, and wizards who at the devil's bidding will rear him and instruct him in every evil, error, and wicked art. Evil spirits will be his leaders, his constant associates, and inseparable companions. Then he will come to Jerusalem and with various tortures will slay all the Christians he cannot convert to his cause. He will erect his throne in the Holy Temple, for the Temple that Solomon built to God that had been destroyed he will raise up to its former state. He will circumcise himself and will pretend that he is the son of Almighty God."

2. The Antichrist will be crowned King of Israel.
Excerpt from: The Prophetic Gift.

"Antichrist will be born of a harlot--a Jewess from the twelfth tribe "of debauchery". While still a youth he will be very capable and smart, especially after he, as a boy of twelve, walking with his mother in the garden, meets satan, who will come from the very depths and enter into him. The boy will shudder with fright, but satan will say: 'Do not be afraid, I will help you.' And this boy will mature into Antichrist in human form. At his coronation, when the Symbol of Faith is read, he will not allow it to be read correctly; where the words describe Jesus Christ as the Son of God, he will renounce this and acknowledge only himself. And then the Patriarch will exclaim that this is Antichrist, and for this he will be killed..."
Schema-Archimandrite Lavrenty (Laurence) of the Chernigov-Trinity Convent.

Excerpt from: Antichrist by Archpriest Boris Molchanoff

"Venerable Father: In the most recent issue of Revue Biblique, on page 298, the Reverend Fr. Semeria mentions the opinion of G. Gode, which identifies the Beast of the Apocalypse as "Jewish might reborn at the end of time." Observing the growing power of Judaism, it must be acknowledged that this opinion finds confirmation in modern history. If so, Antichrist will be a Jewish king.

"St. John discloses to us that the "number of his name... is six hundred threescore six (666) [Rev 13:17-18], and invites us to decipher the number of the Beast." If this means that the name of Antichrist can be deduced therefrom, and if this deduction is possible before his coming, then it is highly unlikely that St. John had [Antichrist's] proper name in mind. We inevitably arrive at conclusions which are quite arbitrary when we produce results by utilizing proper names.

"Since the Antichrist shall come under the guise of the messiah, he shall indubitably assume the title "King of the Jews"; doubtless he shall be called king chiefly in Israel. "

http://bp0.blogger.com/_56VYI0eq6YI/RuB ... 2Bcopy.jpg

3. He will be accepted as the "Messiah" by the Jews.

Excerpt From: A Sermon ascribed to St. Ephraem or to St. Isidore. Published as:"A Sermon by Pseudo-Ephraem"

"But when the time of the abomination of his desolation begins to approach, having been made legal, he takes the empire, and, just as it is said in the Psalm:-They have been made for the undertaking for the sons of Loth, the Moabites and the Ammanites shall meet him first as their king. Therefore, when he receives the kingdom, he orders the temple of God to be rebuilt for himself, which is in Jerusalem; who, after coming into it, he shall sit as God and order that he be adored by all nations, since he is carnal and filthy and mixed with worthless spirit and flesh. Then that eloquence shall be fulfilled of Daniel the prophet:-And he shall not know the God of their fathers, and he shall not know the desires of women. Because the very wicked serpent shall direct every worship to himself. Because he shall put forth an edict so that people may be circumcised according to the rite of the old law. Then the Jews shall congratulate him, because he gave them again the practice of the first covenant; then all people from everywhere shall flock together to him at the city of Jerusalem, and the holy city shall be trampled on by the nations for forty-two months, just as the holy apostle says in the Apocalypse, which become three and a half years, 1,260 days."

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Pravo,

I only asked because I didn't have time to search my posts. Thanks for providing it. I still don't see Obi as having much charisma as he has opposition. Wouldn't the Anti-christ have no confrontations? What does it mean that even the elect will be deceived?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Joanna,

I was reviewing Archbishop Averky's treatise on the [i]Apocalypse [/i]today, (published by St. Herman's Press in the 1980s with a forward by blessed Father Seraphim Rose) and he makes the point that it is not God's will to reveal definitive details to us about the identity of the Antichrist.  The Antichrist will certainly deceive many nominal "Christians," perhaps even some Orthodox Christians, and I think that this is the meaning of the "even the very elect."  For, who could be more "elect" than those catechised and baptised into the Orthodox Church?  There are, obviously, many secular Americans who already view Obama as a New Age Messiah of sorts, as the above referenced blog indicates.  I, personally, know some Protestant "Christians" who do not think of Our Lord Jesus Christ as the incarnate God. It is a very short step for such people to worship the Antichrist who will come in his own name, rather than the blessed One who came in the name of the Lord.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Christ is Risen!!

Peter,

From this point on, I will not answer until you respond appropriately to my salutation.

You talk about the elect, but you have not responded as one.

So be it!

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)