OBAMA, SATAN'S MESSIAH??

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Pravo,

Christ is Risen!

The holy saints did mention the existence of the anti-christ, but it's another thing to be sure WHO he is. What gives YOU such a privilege? Even St. John Maximovich didn't give a name. Why is that? And now, YOU have the authority to give a name?

What I think, is that you are being distracted and that the true anti-christ will come out of the shadows and even YOU will be deceived.

My point is that God teaches us not to put trust in our own interpretations. It is still not time to point fingers.

And since you are so convinced, then why don't you do something about it, publically? What are you doing about it besides posting here?

I see the hidden hand of Satan behind many events in world history--the rise of Islam, the rise of Napoleon, Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, and, perhaps, Obama

I see that too, as much as others here. But, to point a distinctive finger and say, he is it...who are you to make that assessment?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Joanna,

Code: Select all

What do you think of the story about St. John mentioning the birth of the Antichrist in the early 1960s?  It is something I have been  pondering for years, knowing that when the Antichrist appears in the world's political arena, very few--"even the very elect"-- would initially realize that it is he.  We all know that the Antichrist will not appear with a red tail and two horns on his head, but in the guise of a popular, charismatic, Christ-like humanitarian who would ultimately be venerated for solving a crisis in geopolitical affairs.  Joel Richardson has also demonstrated rather persuasively that the Antichrist will probably be widely venerated by the world's one billion Moslems as the "12th Imam."

Imagine my surprise, then, when I learned a few months ago that Barack Obama is widely viewed in Indonesia--the world's fifth most populous nation-- as a secret Moslem who attended a Wahabbist school in his youth and took Mengaji classes--the study of the Koran in Arabic, a sign of Islamic piety akin to young Jews taking Hebrew classes.  (Moslems have a religious duty, called "Taquiyya," to dissemble to "infidels" in order to further the worldwide rule of Islamic sharia and the worship of Allah.)  I was further intrigued to learn that Obama and his campaign staff have [i]systematically [/i]denied the reports of his Mengaji upbringing, and that the press has also buried the story of Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, being an ardent atheist and former Unitarian.  In his own autobiographical writings, Obama has very cleverly dodged the issue of his Moslem upbringing, stating simply that he read "the Koran, Bible, and other world religious texts" around the house in his youth.  So, why is his middle name "Hussein?"

Who does Obama, the next President of the U.S., say that Our Lord Jesus Christ is?  No one has asked him the question publicly, to my knowledge, nor have I ever seen him around a cross, or heard him say the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  Interestingly, I did hear Obama say in a speech that he is the new "Joshua (i.e. "Jesus") [i]who will save America and the world.[/i]..."

Two final comments.  The Evil One is far more intelligent than any of us, and his Servant will appear when the world lacks sufficient faith in the divinity of Christ God to understand what is actually happening.  Who can discern the inherent evil of the Antichrist without true faith--the knowledge that nothing good can come from someone who denies Christ, even if he appears to be an angel of light?  If I were to post such notions  on a non-Orthodox Christian site, people would not understand them and would almost certainly laugh them to scorn.

P.S. Do you still think that Obama "lacks charisma," as you wrote when I first posted my thoughts about this subject a few months ago?

Lenexa

Post by Lenexa »

Pravoslavnik
Due to my being widely regarded as being overly serious and paranoid by those that know me socially I tend to distrust many of my views. Personally I will say that I have read your posts on Obama with great interest and it even reminds me a little of reading Fr.Seraphim (Rose's) book Nihilism with regards to uncovering that which is hidden and particularly the Antichrist.
Please, how would you respond to the questions I asked? The U.S. is quite close to Israel and there are many Protestants in this country who want the Temple rebuilt, I believe there is even a fund to pay for this reconstruction, but how would you respond? Obama is not a Jew unless he is in some round about way partially descended from the tribe of Dan, which could be possible.
Where did you read that Obama is widely regarded as a secret Muslim in Indonesia?
I know that hiding, and even lying about your faith in times of persecution, invasion, and/or oppression is considered a duty and virtue by Shiite Muslims but the overwhelming majority of Indonesians are Sunni.
I am intrigued but very sceptical and say let's see if he can even win the election!

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

joasia wrote:

The holy saints did mention the existence of the anti-christ, but it's another thing to be sure WHO he is. What gives YOU such a privilege? Even St. John Maximovich didn't give a name. Why is that? And now, YOU have the authority to give a name?

What I think, is that you are being distracted and that the true anti-christ will come out of the shadows and even YOU will be deceived.

I don't know, I think it's going to be rather clear who he is when he comes. Well, with small signs along the way; such as the third temple, false signs and everyone claiming him to be some kind of savior, you'd think those of us who know about his coming will recognize him.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Lenexa,

Code: Select all

The Orthodox tradition holds that the Antichrist will be a descendant of the tribe of Dan.  Hence, if Obama is the Antichrist, he must be partly descended from the tribe of Dan.  This is certainly possible.  His ancestry has been traced fairly extensively, and is quite diverse and interesting.  Recall that many Jews established the Church in the first two centuries A.D., and the descendants of these Israelites would not be identified now as "Jews."  Also, many European Jews were forced to convert during the past two millenia, and their descendants would not currently be identified as "Jews."  As for the rebuilding of the Temple--which was destroyed in 70 A.D.--I am not up to date on the latest initiatives regarding reconstruction.  I do know that Julian the Apostate attempted to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem in the 4th century, and the work was destroyed by an earthquake and gaseous explosions.  That very interesting story is found not only in the Orthodox literature, but in the pagan history of Ammianus Marcellinus, who revered Julian.

Here is a link regarding Obama's history in Indonesia.  It is from a journal entitled "An American Ex Pat in Southeast Asia" and includes a number of interesting, insightful articles on the subject that have been virtually ignored by the myopic American media:

http://laotze.blogspot.com/

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Xenia,

I don't know, I think it's going to be rather clear who he is when he comes. Well, with small signs along the way; such as the third temple, false signs and everyone claiming him to be some kind of savior, you'd think those of us who know about his coming will recognize him.

I am aware of the signs. Question is...what is the NAME of the anti-christ? We know what will happen, but who are we to say, for sure, that it is Obi? The Temple hasn't been built yet. The two prophets haven't preached in the streets and been killed to lie for three days exposed in the streets. St. Seraphim of Sarov hasn't been preaching in Russia.

My point is, that I will not trust Pravo's opinion about who he thinks it is. It is whimsical thinking and not FACT.

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Pravo

P.S. Do you still think that Obama "lacks charisma," as you wrote when I first posted my thoughts about this subject a few months ago?

Where did I write that?

What do you think of the story about St. John mentioning the birth of the Antichrist in the early 1960s?

The version I heard is that he was sermonizing and stopped speaking. Someone asked him: What's wrong Vladika? And he responded: the anti-christ has been born in the world.

There are different versions. Who really knows which is true? Why didn't he announce the name? Because we are not suppose to know until the end. It's our test of faith.

I think that Obi is just the stepping stone. He could be the fore-runner of the anti-christ. Afterall, many thought that St. John the Bapist was the Messiah, back then. He had to clarify it so that they didn't mistake him for the true Christ. Maybe this is part of the imitation of the anti-christ...to send a fore-runner.

Get a grip. It's not time yet.