OBAMA, SATAN'S MESSIAH??

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Xenia,

Code: Select all

You have cited the opinions of a Benedictine monk from 950 A.D. and of one "G. Gode" to support your definitive assertion that the Antichrist will be born in the Middle East.  Someone else posted a Russian Orthodox prophecy on this thread claiming that the Antichrist will be born in Russia.   So, by such logic, perhaps Russia will be translocated to the Middle East very soon! 

But let us look more carefully at the 10th century Benedictine opinion about the Antichrist which you have posted.  It asserts that the Antichrist will object to the Nicene Creed being recited at his coronation as the King of Israel.  (???)  Apparently, when Israel ceases its existence as a constitutional democracy and crowns a king, it will also institute the reading of the Orthodox Christian Nicene Creed at its coronation ceremonies!  That makes a lot of sense, especially since the Jews in Israel have such profound faith in the divinity of Christ.

What do you make of the statement in the [i]Apocalypse [/i] (Chapter 13) that the Antichrist will "arise from the sea?"  What do you make of St. John (Maximovitch) reportedly saying that "the Antichrist has just been born into this world" in the early 1960s?  What do you make of Lavrenti of Chernigov telling a nun who is now 85 years old that she would live to see the Antichrist?  If these recent Orthodox prophecies are true, the Antichrist is already among us on the world scene, and was born in the early 1960s.  Obama was born in Hawaii in August of 1961 of an atheist mother and a Moslem father.  He was secretly reared in Mengaji classes by his Moslem stepfather in Indonesia, and is almost certain to become the next President of the United States, making him the most powerful man in the world. 

Obama has declared himself, publicly, to be the "new Joshua (i.e., "Jesus") who will save America and the world," and is already being hailed by many non-Christians as a Messiah figure.  It is a very short leap to envision what will happen to the anti-Christian masses of the planet if Obama starts working apparent miracles, (with help from Satan) and resolves the Arab-Israeli crisis in the Middle East.  In the resulting Obama/Mabus world order, the devout Orthodox Christians will be the only people who will be absolutely politically incorrect and unacceptable.
nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

Pravoslavnik wrote:

Xenia,

You have cited the opinions of a Benedictine monk from 950 A.D. and of one "G. Gode" to support your definitive assertion that the Antichrist will be born in the Middle East.  Someone else posted a Russian Orthodox prophecy on this thread claiming that the Antichrist will be born in Russia.   So, by such logic, perhaps 

Russia will be translocated to the Middle East very soon!

Sorry, Pravoslavnik, he is not the only one who has made this prophecy concerning Antichrist.

But let us look more carefully at the 10th century Benedictine opinion about the Antichrist which you have posted. It asserts that the Antichrist will object to the Nicene Creed being recited at his coronation as the King of Israel. (???) Apparently, when Israel ceases its existence as a constitutional democracy and crowns a king, it will also institute the reading of the Orthodox Christian Nicene Creed at its coronation ceremonies! That makes a lot of sense, especially since the Jews in Israel have such profound faith in the divinity of Christ.

Actually, what you site above is an excerpt from The Prophetic Gift and is a quote from Schema-Archimandrite Lavrenty (Laurence) of the Chernigov-Trinity Convent. Again, he is not the only one whom has made this prophesy...

What do you make of the statement in the Apocalypse (Chapter 13) that the Antichrist will "arise from the sea?" What do you make of St. John (Maximovitch) reportedly saying that "the Antichrist has just been born into this world" in the early 1960s?

What do you make of the fact that so many holy men agree and have in fact predicted virtually the same prophecies concerning the Antichrist?

As for what has been "reportedly said" by St. John, I'd like to see what he may have actually written. I weary with "She said, he said...".

What do you make of Lavrenti of Chernigov telling a nun who is now 85 years old that she would live to see the Antichrist? If these recent Orthodox prophecies are true, the Antichrist is already among us on the world scene, and was born in the early 1960s. Obama was born in Hawaii in August of 1961 of an atheist mother and a Moslem father. He was secretly reared in Mengaji classes by his Moslem stepfather in Indonesia, and is almost certain to become the next President of the United States, making him the most powerful man in the world.

There is one far more powerful than he who is to come. But in place of political pomp, he will be granted the appearance of holiness, that he may deceive even the elect if possible.

Obama has declared himself, publicly, to be the "new Joshua (i.e., "Jesus") who will save America and the world," and is already being hailed by many non-Christians as a Messiah figure.

Yeah, how 'bout that? I believe that this is a spiritual preparation of sorts, so that "the way" will be paved for the Antichrist to come to power.

It is a very short leap to envision what will happen to the anti-Christian masses of the planet if Obama starts working apparent miracles, (with help from Satan) and resolves the Arab-Israeli crisis in the Middle East.

Your right, it is a short leap to envision. However, I do not think Obama will be the one to perform false signs and miracles. Isn't it perhaps possible that he will have a part in helping the Antichrist? That is, if the time for "the end" is at hand...

In the resulting Obama/Mabus world order, the devout Orthodox Christians will be the only people who will be absolutely politically incorrect and unacceptable.

I believe that when the time comes the Antichrist will be against ANYONE who opposes him.

That said, I do not attribute this future persecution to "political correctness" but rather, to what will be seen as "divine worship", namely the worshiping of Antichrist as God .

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

nyc_xenia wrote:

There is one far more powerful than he who is to come. But in place of political pomp, he will be granted the appearance of holiness, that he may deceive even the elect if possible.

XC is Risen!

Thank you nyc_xenia for being more careful than others when paraphrasing this saying of our Saviour.

Some, as a result of their carelessness, erroneously state that the false Christs and false prophets will deceive "even the elect," when in fact our Saviour used the qualification, "if it were possible".

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Mat 24.24)

Of course, Satan and his ministers cannot deceive the very elect, so a clarification became necessary.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Thank you Cyprian,

But, of course, it is completely obvious now--[i]it is [b]not [/b]possible for the Antichrist, or anyone, to deceive "even the very elect!"[/i]  How could I have imagined such nonsense?  As proof of your point, we can all clearly see that the various Orthodox Church administrations throughout the world are entirely free of any deceitful influences, and, hence, agree completely with one another on all essential matters of doctrine, praxis, and truth!  That is why they are all in communion with one another!  No one could possibly deceive the "very elect" members of these various Orthodox Christian factions, even one as clever as the Evil One, himself!  Thanks again for the careful reading and interpretation of scripture.
nyc_xenia
Jr Member

Post by nyc_xenia »

Pravoslavnik wrote:

Thank you Cyprian,

But, of course, it is completely obvious now--[i]it is [b]not [/b]possible for the Antichrist, or anyone, to deceive "even the very elect!"[/i]  How could I have imagined such nonsense?[/quote]

Well then, let's have a looks-see....

“According to New Age thinking, since man and everything else is God, only one reality exists; and therefore all religions are only differ­ent paths to that reality. There is no one correct path, for all paths reach the Divine. New Agers anticipate that a new universal religion which contains elements of all current faiths will evolve and become generally accepted worldwide…

As "The Plan" approaches fulfillment, the one-world religion ac­quires its final shape. "The day is dawning," wrote Alice Bailey, "when all religions will be regarded as emanating from one great spiritual source; all will be seen as unitedly providing the one root out of which the universal world religion will inevitably emerge,” [Alice Bailey, Problems of Humanity (New York: Lucis Publishing Company, 1947; revised ed. 1964), p. 140]. Helen Blavatsky said that this universal religion was "the religion of the ancients," the memory of which was "the origin of the Satanic myth" of Christians. "The religion of the ancients," Blavatsky wrote, "is the religion of the future,” [Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, vol. 2, p. 378; his Unveiled, vol. 1 (Wheaton, Illi­nois: The Theosophical Publishing House, 1877; revised ed. 1972), p. 613].

"The Plan" reaches its apotheosis with the coming of the New Age Messiah: the so-called "Maitreya—the Christ." David Spangler speaks in anticipation of this event: "From the depths of the race a call is rising for the emergence of a saviour, an avatar, a father-figure ... who can be for the race what the ancient priest-kings were in the dawn of human history,” [David Spangler, Explorations: Emerging Aspects of the New Culture, Findhorn Publications Lecture Series, 1980, p. 68]. According to Alice Bailey, "angels" will ap­pear with this false Christ in order to convince people that they should follow him. Thus, the final stage of the "New Age" reversal of Christianity will be the worship of the antichrist, whose coming is after the power of satan with all power and signs and lying wonders (II Thes. 2:9).”

(An Excerpt from the Orthodox Word (2004), published by St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood concerning the life and teachings of Father Seraphim Rose.)

Imagine, dear fellow in Christ, if we should bear witness of a man being held up by what seemed to be "angels", appearing to descend from the heavens themselves, perhaps even performing a counterfeit of the Holy Fire to lick up the sacrifices in the Third Temple. By his word causing peace and with all charm and appearance of holiness causing signs in the sky before all men. I am sorry to say, this would entice many an unripe soul to ponder the scriptures and the meanings behind the "Lords return".

Besides, there are some false prophets so bold that they will try to convince you to your very face that they are sent from God. Much more than this, the saints in the end will have to endure.

Even now, I have a certain New Age false prophet that believes that the scripture verses that refer to "the son of man" are speaking about him.

Our particular debate came about by my dismissing an article he wrote, which I posted on my blog (dedicated to the end times), in which he said that the third temple would not be rebuilt, that the Antichrist was not a "real" person and that Christ would not return.

My response was rather humble, nevertheless, he (believing himself to be something he is not) has become rather indignant. Not only about who he "thinks" he is, but also about my very plain and forward Orthodox belief.

Things like this are only a small taste of the things which we will have to bear in the end, if we should endure that long.

Otherwise, if we should be called to bear witness to the Word of God in the last days, we will have to face these false signs with patience as we hear everyone around us say how "great" and wonder this up and coming deceiver is.

But I must confess that with the Obama "thing", you have a point. I will share something I thought to be in poor taste, something most repugnant and mournful. It was and article I found online about Obama, and while it was written in the spirit of "jest", it made my soul quite heavy to see that in fact, most of what was written in the article was indeed direct quotes from various people.

http://www.catholicexchange.com/2008/05/21/112550/

As proof of your point, we can all clearly see that the various Orthodox Church administrations throughout the world are entirely free of any deceitful influences, and, hence, agree completely with one another on all essential matters of doctrine, praxis, and truth!

Yes, they are...Currently. But we have yet to confront political and social pressures from any temptations that may arise from the demonic forces that will rise out of the abyss in the end.

We are yet untested and untried.

We have yet to confront another Orthodox Christian concerning the "signs" performed by the deceiver.

We can only hope that God's grace will see us through the temptations of the great tribulations, if we live to see those days.

That is why they are all in communion with one another!

They, who? Do you mean "world orthodox"?

No one could possibly deceive the "very elect" members of these various Orthodox Christian factions, even one as clever as the Evil One, himself!

I should hope that you're right, but I think it is better not even to trust oneself too much on these matters, as we are all prone to our own deceptions and fallen devices.

Last edited by nyc_xenia on Wed 28 May 2008 2:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
nyc_xenia
Jr Member

Re: By the way....

Post by nyc_xenia »

Ha-ha, set to invite only now.

:bump:

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Xenia,

Of course, I was speaking tongue-in-cheek above. The Evil One has the ability to deceive many, and even succeeded for a time in deceiving St. Nikita of the Kiev Caves. Hence, we must be vigilant, knowing that the age of Antichrist is upon us--an age when true faith scarcely exists upon the earth--and that the Antichrist will deceive many, appearing in the semblance of Christ God.