From the Synod of Archbishop Nicholas...

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

GOCTheophan

From the Synod of Archbishop Nicholas...

Post by GOCTheophan »

"The so called laying-on-of-hands which was performed by the ROCOR in 1971, according to the faith of the Genuine Orthodox Church of Greece & according to its ecclesiastical totality, neither added to, or gave legitimacy, wholeness, grace of power of the high-priesthoodness of the Bishops of the Church of the GOC of Greece - and in a strict canonical review should never have been permitted to have taken place."

Does this mean that Metropolitan Kryikos will be coming back?

Theophan.

L.M.P.

Re: From the Synod of Archbishop Nicholas...

Post by L.M.P. »

This isn't something new, dear Theophan! ( and by the way stop reading Nathanael's blog..). Mathewites have this problem of the "laying-on-of-hands" since the very first moment of this act !!! "was it a real cherothesia or not?" They have changed their minds several times all these years. Despite their synodical desicions many of their bishops and clergy keep having their own opinions! The key person to this matter was fr. Eugen Tombros, a very intriguing and treacherous person who set up the whole thing!

GOCTheophan wrote:

Does this mean that Metropolitan Kryikos will be coming back?
Theophan.

If Arch. Nicolas found the cure to Kyrikos' insanity and lunacy..it is possible ! Kyrikos is ready now to follow his "holy father's" way (actually immitate Mathwaios) and perform consecrations by himself...! From day to day, wait to hear the sad news

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Re: From the Synod of Archbishop Nicholas...

Post by GOCPriestMark »

L.M.P. wrote:

If Arch. Nicolas found the cure to Kyrikos' insanity and lunacy..it is possible !

Who is L.M.P. and in what way can he say Metropolitan Kyrikos is insane and a lunatic? Can you back up your statement with fact? How about first-hand observations? Have you even met Met. Kyrikos? Have you talked to him?

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

L.M.P.

Post by L.M.P. »

L.M.P. is someone who lives 20 km away from Metropolitan Kyrikos and not in "British Columbia" dear father...

As for his lunacy..what else can we say for someone who proclaims, via official statements, to be the only Orthodox bishop in the entire universe..??

Extremists and GOC-talibans have no place in The Church.

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/fsr_63.aspx

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

L.M.P. wrote:

L.M.P. is someone who lives 20 km away from Metropolitan Kyrikos and not in "British Columbia" dear father...

So, OK, what you are telling me is that you have spoken with him face to face and asked questions and listened to his answers and are convinced that Metropolitan Kyrikos is insane and a lunatic. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I have talked with him and have the opposite opinion.

L.M.P. wrote:

As for his lunacy..what else can we say for someone who proclaims, via official statements, to be the only Orthodox bishop in the entire universe..??

I don't know what official documents you may have seen, but I do know that Metropolitan Kyrikos is and has been actively meeting with any bishops who will talk with him. He will join in communion with any with whom he finds Orthodox unity, but it is never a quick process.

L.M.P. wrote:

This is an obvious misapplication. Metropolitan Kyrikos has not been influenced by HTM of Boston. Neither is he a fanatic, unless you mean he is a devoted follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and acts as a true Christian bishop at all times. In this day and age that would qualify him as a fanatic in the eyes of the world.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

L.M.P.

Post by L.M.P. »

GOCPriestMark wrote:

So, OK, what you are telling me is that you have spoken with him face to face and asked questions and listened to his answers and are convinced that Metropolitan Kyrikos is insane and a lunatic.

Me and other 500000 people are convinced

GOCPriestMark wrote:

I have talked with him and have the opposite opinion.

Your opinion is respected, father.

GOCPriestMark wrote:

I don't know what official documents you may have seen

Many greek documents and statements!

GOCPriestMark wrote:

but I do know that Metropolitan Kyrikos is and has been actively meeting with any bishops who will talk with him . He will join in communion with any with whom he finds Orthodox unity, but it is never a quick process.

Really does anyone else talk to him except Goutzidis...? The only thing that requires "quick process" is consecrations...

GOCPriestMark wrote:

This is an obvious misapplication. Metropolitan Kyrikos has not been influenced by HTM of Boston. Neither is he a fanatic, unless you mean he is a devoted follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and acts as a true Christian bishop at all times.

Yes, but in the worst way, instead of remaining in his Synod and fight from the inside. I don't think that his co-bishops are heretics..! Nobody questions his faith dear father, but his mentality!

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

L.M.P. wrote:

The ambiguities in Fr Seraphim Rose and indeed in Old ROCOR as a whole have been used to justify Apostasy leading to the utter maddness of someone happily claiming that ROCOR knowingly threw herself out of the Church in 1983 and yet somehow didnt throw herself out of the Church.

Also Fr Seraphim was talking there about the super anti-Latins such as Romanides who in their efforts not to be under western captivity end up not being Orthodox...

You praised the likes of Romanides and Kyprianos both of whom have no place in the Church for very good reasons....What is a GOC talib when its at home?