St. Gregory

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

St. Gregory

Post by Papoutsis1 »

I just love this:

When also Saint Gregory (the father of Saint Gregory the Theologian) out of simplicity signed a semi-Arian creed (361), the monks cut off communion with him25. Saint Gregory and others, however, did not separate from him. This fact the Zealots usually hide, as well as the judgments of the sacred Father concerning the monks26. The union was achieved after Gregory convinced his father to publicly pronounce an Orthodox Symbol of Faith (364)27. What is more, in his first Peaceful homily, given on the occasion of union, the great Theologian censures the [zealot] monks indirectly for their rebellion, hastiness and audacity. He advises them not to return to "their own vomit", as it is preferable that we remain in the common body of the Church when we are not perfectly sure.28.

God Bless

Peter

Kosmas
Jr Member

Dear Petros

Post by Kosmas »

There will come a time when all Orthodox Christians will be forced to make a decision. The Holy Scriptures and the Holy Saints give us much warning of what the state of mankind will be in those final years. Many on this board have already decided for themselves and for their children's sake that it is better to be on the "strict side" than to fall into complacency. Many of the others who are "less strict" will have to make a choice between the Truth of Orthodoxy or the Deceit of Ecumenism.
Peter, you do not see this as a pressing threat and that Old Calendarists are somehow "protestants". With this I must disagree, as many Saints were either Old Calendarists themselves or never attacked those that followed it. Since 1924 when the New Revised Julian was fully implemented until this time , I have not found a single glorified Saint who stated those who follow the Old Julian Calendar are schismatic.

So please temper your vocabulary because it is my opinion the Saints do not agree with you when you call your fellow Orthodox Christians schismatics.

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Peter, please name me 1 new calendarist Saint.

Constantine

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

Answer THIS SAINT

Post by Papoutsis1 »

NO, YOU RESPOND TO THIS SAINT and don't dodge the issue. Also, if I were to name you NC Saints you would call them graceless so stay on point and answer the following:

When also Saint Gregory (the father of Saint Gregory the Theologian) out of simplicity signed a semi-Arian creed (361), the monks cut off communion with him25. Saint Gregory and others, however, did not separate from him. This fact the Zealots usually hide, as well as the judgments of the sacred Father concerning the monks26. The union was achieved after Gregory convinced his father to publicly pronounce an Orthodox Symbol of Faith (364)27. What is more, in his first Peaceful homily, given on the occasion of union, the great Theologian censures the [zealot] monks indirectly for their rebellion, hastiness and audacity. He advises them not to return to "their own vomit", as it is preferable that we remain in the common body of the Church when we are not perfectly sure.28.

This is what you have done. You have also directly violated the canons that specifically say you need two or three Bishops to consecrate a bishop and the TOC have done neither so don't dodge, but answer the question. Have you done this? ANSWER: NOOOOOOOOOO!

Good Night and God Bless

Peter

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Papoutsis, give the source of the story about Saint Gregory...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

See the Site

Post by Papoutsis1 »

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/anti- ... alots.aspx

This site has always been on this board.

God Bless

Peter

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Dear Peter, if it is canons that have been broken that you wish to discuss let us look at the canons the schismatic new calendarists have broken:

“Heresy separates every man from the Church." -Seventh Holy Ecumenical Council

But as for those who severe themselves from communion with their president(bishop), that is, because he publicly preaches heresy and with bared head teaches it in the Church, such persons are not only not subject to canonical penalty, but are worthy of due honour among the Orthodox. For not bishops, but false bishops and false teachers have they condemned, and they have not fragmented the Church's unity with schism, but from schisms and divisions have they earnestly sought to deliver the Church. -Canon XV of the First-Second Council of Constantinople

“He that saith not ‘Anathema’ to those in heresy, let him be anathema -Seventh Ecumenical Council

"Let not the Symbol of Faith be set aside…but let it remain unchanged: and let every heresy be given over to anathema…" -Canon I of the Second Ecumenical Synod

"We have acknowledged it as just to keep the canons of the holy Fathers set forth at each synod till now." -Canon I of the Fourth Ecumenical Synod

"Let no one be permitted to bring forward, or write or compose a different faith besides that defined by the Holy Fathers who assembled with the Holy Spirit in the city of Nicaea. And whoever dares to compose a different faith, or present, or offer [one] to those wishing to turn to the knowledge of the truth…let such, if they be bishops or belong to the clergy, be alien-bishops from the episcopate, and clerics from the clergy and if they be laymen, let them be given over to anathema." -Canon VII of the Third Ecumenical Synod"

As for all those who pretend to confess sound Orthodox Faith, but are in communion with people who hold a different opinion, if they are forewarned and still remain stubborn, you must not only not be in communion with them, but you must not even call them brothers."  - St. Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesaria in Cappodocia

“Chrysostomos loudly declares not only heretics, but also those who have communion with them, to be enemies of God.” -St. Theodore the Studite

As we walk the unerring and life-bringing path, let us pluck out the eye that scandalizes us, not the physical eye, but the noetic one. For example, if a bishop ... who is the eyes of the Church conduct himself in an evil manner and scandalize the people, he must be plucked out. For it is more profitable to gather without him in a house of prayer, than to be cast together with him into the gehenna of fire together with Annas and Caiaphas." -Saint Athanasius the Great, Patriarch of Alexandria

Is the shepherd a heretic? Then he is a wolf! You must flee from him; do not be deceived to approach him even if he appears gentle and tame. Flee from communion and conversation with him even as you would flee from a poisonous snake.” –St. Photius the Great, Patriarch of Constantinople

Even if false hierarchs, while being in heresy, "will succeed in deceiving and enticing a certain number of ignorant ones and in gathering even a considerable number of followers, then they are outside the sacred walls of the Church just the same. But even if very few remain in Orthodoxy and piety, they are in the Church, and the authority and the protection of the ecclesiastical institution resides in them. And if they should suffer for true piety, then this will undoubtedly contribute to their eternal glory and salvation of their souls.” -St. Nicephorus the Confessor

"Even if the whole universe holds communion with the [heretical] patriarch, I will not communicate with him. For I know from the writings of the holy Apostle Paul: the Holy Spirit declares that even the angels would be anathema if they should begin to preach another Gospel, introducing some new teaching."-St. Maximus the Confessor

All the teachers of the Church, and all the Councils, and all the Divine Scriptures advise us to flee from the heterodox and separate from their communion. -St. Mark of Ephesus

Among us, neither Patriarchs nor Councils were ever able to introduce innovations, because the defender of Religion is the very Body of the Church---that is, the people themselves --- which desire to have their Religion eternally unchanged and identical to that of their Fathers -Reply of the Orthodox Patriarchs of the East to Pius IX, issued in 1848

Any one who is able to speak the truth and does not do so shall be condemned by God -St. Justin the Philosopher

Better is a praiseworthy war than a peace that separates us from God -St. Gregory the Theologian

Even if one should give away all his possessions in the world, and yet be in communion with heresy, he cannot be a friend of God, but is rather an enemy, -St. Theodore the Studite

Guard yourselves from soul-destroying heresy, communion with which is alienation from Christ. -St. Theodore the Studite

I adjure all the people in Cyprus who are true children of the Catholic Church to flee as fast as their feet can carry them from those priests who have fallen and submitted to the Latins; neither assemble in church with them, nor receive any blessing from their hands. For it is better for you to pray to God in your homes alone than to gather together in churches with the Latin-minded -Germanos II, Patriarch of Constantinople

I am convinced that the further I depart from him [the Patriarch] and from those like him [the Latin-minded], the closer do I draw near God and all the faithful and the holy Fathers; and the more I am separated from them, by so much more am I united to the truth and the holy Fathers -St. Mark of Ephesus

What can you quote from your Saints the freemasons metaxakis through to bartholomew. I remember freemason bartholomew saying their is grace in the rc church, metaxakis saying grace is the anglican church. These are the saints of the nc church, freemasons and traitors to the Orthodox Faith, enjoy them, I will stick with the ecumenical councils, canons, saints, and traditions of the church.