Met. Laurus in Lenin's Tomb?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Met. Laurus in Lenin's Tomb?

Post by Pravoslavnik »

After reading this latest on Metropolitan Laurus from Russia, it occurred to me that he should most properly be enshrined in Lenin's refrigerated tomb. Without refrigeration, I suspect he will be stinking to high heaven quite soon.

P.S. Have the people in the MP ever heard of St. Philaret the New Confessor? They should build a cathedral dedicated to him.

17 March 2008, 17:22
Russian Orthodox community suggests building a church in commemoration of Metropolitan Laurus

Moscow, March 17, Interfax - Russia's Union of Orthodox Citizens (UOC) has suggested naming a street after late Metropolitan Laurus, First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), and building a cathedral in his honor.

"His Eminence Laurus' merits are so great that streets in our cities deserve to be named after him. A majestic cathedral should be build to commemorate this outstanding man and the unification of the [Russian Orthodox] Churches," head of the UOC Moscow Department Kirill Frolov told Interfax-Religion on Monday.

Frolov said he believes this cathedral should be located at a significant site in Moscow, for example, the Moscow City business complex.

The UOC regards Metropolitan Laurus as a Russian national hero.

"The unification of the Russian Orthodox Church was a great deed on the part of His Eminence, who performed it despite devilish resistance from opponents of the Church and Russia," Frolov said.

The fact that Metropolitan Laurus passed away on the day of the Triumph of Orthodoxy is best proof of that all of the aforesaid is correct. The unification of the Russian church is indeed a great triumph for Orthodoxy," he said.

The duty of every Orthodox believer is to follow Metropolitan Laurus' call for strengthening the unity of the Russian Church in the face of modern challenges, Frolov said.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

This post stinks...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

This only goes to show far off the path of Orthodoxy this site has fallen.

This whole thread should be removed.

And we call ourselves Orthodoxy...

Fr. Nicolas...I have never been more ashamed of this site...

Liudmilla

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

The site is not responsible for what people write on it...

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

Yes, they can be responsible for the content because they sell themselves as a place ...

where we can learn from one another in a true, loving, traditional Orthodox Catholic Christian experience.

This site no longer represents what True Orthodoxy is all about. All it does is propogate the HATE THEOLOGY that is so prevalent among all the break away groups out there. It is about as far from Orthodoxy as it can possible get.

Katya

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

So why do you stay there?

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

Jean:

I have been here a long time.....I had high hopes for this site right from the beginning, It used to be a place, even when we argued, to find Orthodoxy....but then "self-proclaimed" guardians with their own version of 'truth" arrived, neophites who haven't even bloodied their noses in Orthodoxy, and began teaching everyone their versions of what they saw as the perfection version of Truth.

Well things are now even worse...especially since this site allows an unbaptised to pontificate, and another who is teaching nothing but heresy to post as truth.

I don't think I will be here too much longer....this site is no longer about Orthodoxy.

Katya