Can I go to Athos?

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Euthymios wrote:

IT WAS STATED: You are either quite young or very ignorant or an instigator. You come here to start arguements during the Nativity fast...THAT IS BAD FORM. You show us what you are in your heart.

MY RESPONSE: There was no argument here at all untill you posted. I came here to get answers, not argue. I'm sorry if you thought otherwise. And yes I am ignorant.

Please forgive me if I have ever sinned against anyone here in word, deed or thought. Thank you.

Peace to all. I'll be checking out now.

Euthymios,

None of us here actually know you and even if we did we are not really in a postition to offer Spiritual advice.

Please private message Cyprian who can explain better than I can that archbishop Gregory is not Orthodox (whatever his "canonicity" ).

Find yourself a parish in the Truth and discuss this with an experianced Spiritual Father and not a bunch of laymen and women on the net.

Theophan.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

joasia wrote:

BTW. ROAC believes in baptising a second time, even after the person was baptised(fully under water) under another jurisdiction.

And isn't it against the canons to perform a second baptism? He was submerged both times. ROAC allows second baptisms, even though they were performed in the name of the Holy Trinity.

No they do not.

ROAC in actual Russia receives a lot of people (maybe even the majiority?) by the third rite. That maddness was the work of one of their Archbishops in the USA is no longer with Met Valentine.

De-frocked monk Gregory of Colorado has been thrown out of ROAC (though both they and the GOC should never have accepted him in the first place).

Theophan.

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

joasia wrote:

Euthymios

All I'm saying is that you started arguements. Now, if you really are serious about Mt. Athos, then I would think that you would have a more humble character. But, I have read many of your posts and you give off a different impression.

If you get aggitated by confrontations here, then you're not going to make it on Mt. Athos. The spiritual struggle is in your face.

Can you show some respect?

BTW. ROAC believes in baptising a second time, even after the person was baptised(fully under water) under another jurisdiction.

And isn't it against the canons to perform a second baptism? He was submerged both times. ROAC allows second baptisms, even though they were performed in the name of the Holy Trinity.

I asked them an an honest question and they never responded. There was no argument untill you came in an and accused me of lacking humility. Where's your humility?

I really don't care about your views. You know nothing about me. My spiritual fathers believed Iwas called to monasticism, and one priest who spent twenty years on Mount Athos even suggested Mount Athos to me (Karakalou) monastery (not sure on spelling).

ROAC doesn't give second baptisms. They merely baptize people who were never baptized. Someone submerged in water by a heretical/ecumenist priest or jurisdiction does not constitute a baptism.

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

Theophan, Gregory was not defrocked. This is another internet lie. He was "excommunicated." There is a difference between defrockment and excommunication. And his excommunication was not even valid or canonical.

It was stated: "You haven't met everybody here yet. We can end up having wonderful conversations about the Orthodox faith."

My Response: Thank you for the invitation, but I don't believe in talking "(silence is the mystery of the future age") and is a virtue. I only ended up in here after doing a search on information about Nathaniel and Archbishop Gregory. I've had a very hard time lately, especially duirng this fast. I have not been myself. I have fallen. I ask everyone to forgive me if I have ever sinned against you in word, deed or thought. Thank you.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

CHRIST IS BORN!

I asked them an an honest question and they never responded. There was no argument untill you came in an and accused me of lacking humility. Where's your humility?

Ok. We're getting nowhere with this. You made your posts. They were not perceived positively by others here and that is where I got my impression of you. We get many people who come here and stir up issues for the sake of arguements. If that is not your intention, then I apologize. It takes time to get to know each other here.

I really don't care about your views. You know nothing about me.

You're right about that. So, take the time to let us get to know you. Just stop being so defensive.

My spiritual fathers believed Iwas called to monasticism, and one priest who spent twenty years on Mount Athos even suggested Mount Athos to me (Karakalou) monastery (not sure on spelling).

Do your responses here indicate that you have the spiritual dexterity to pursue monastic rigor? What I mean is, that your aggressive responses certainly do not constitute a pre-requistion of monastism...humility, patience, love for God. You are too full of anger. I don't know these "spiritual fathers" that have guided you, but I'm guessing that they are with the new calendar.

How many spiritual fathers do you have? I thought we only need one.

ROAC doesn't give second baptisms. They merely baptize people who were never baptized. Someone submerged in water by a heretical/ecumenist priest or jurisdiction does not constitute a baptism.

A triple immersion in the name of the Holy Trinity is an acceptable baptism. It shouldn't be repeated. If it's done under a heretical bishop, it can be rectified by Holy Chrismation.

Last edited by joasia on Wed 9 January 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

GOCTheophan

My friend was baptised in Canada..second time under ROAC. It's being done.

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

I've had a very hard time lately, especially duirng this fast. I have not been myself. I have fallen. I ask everyone to forgive me if I have ever sinned against you in word, deed or thought. Thank you.

We always have temptations during the fast...especially during the last days approaching the feast day. I had my share too. Please consider the fact that you are battling more than our rebuttals, but that the dark forces are at hand. It is the spiritual struggle we all face. We are all in the same boat. But, if we struggle against each other..we will cause the boat to sink. We should remember that we are battle a common enemy.

You are more than welcomed to discuss spiritual issues of the faith that would be beneficial to all of us.

In Christ, Joanna