Requests

Seraphim Reeves

Requests

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Please pray for me. I'm a faithless man, and have long been beset by personal demons (I suspect that is quite a literal assessment, and not simply a figure of speach), problems which go back into my childhood and adolecense. I'm also having problems at home - I love my wife dearly, unfortunately she is among the many north americans who suffer from some form of clinical depression. This makes our lives very difficult at times, and it's a huge strain on our relationship. I do not have the patience she needs; it's difficult for someone as proud and vindictive as me to not take everything she says and does personally (anyone familiar with bi-polar disorder will know what I'm talking about.) In addition, for reasons that are both my fault and due to her history, she is not very receptive to hearing about the Gospel, and more broadly Orthodox Christianity. I suspect it's at least in part due to my crummy example as both a human being and as a husband.

I'm laying it all out here, in part, because there is a certain degree of anonymity. I also do this, because I just want anyone kind enough to pray for me and my wife to know just what our big problems are, and what to pray for.

Seraphim

P.S. - My first name is Timothy. I'm Orthodox in faith, but have yet to be baptized...various problems (some geographical, some not) have made formal reception difficult. Perhaps you can ask the good Lord to remedy this as well. Thank-you, in advance.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Know that you are being prayed for hard.