The tone system used by the nuns of Saint Xenia Skete

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Olympiada
Jr Member

The tone system used by the nuns of Saint Xenia Skete

Post by Olympiada »

Greetings All
This is my first message to this Forum. I hope everyone is doing well this fine Sunday afternoon.
I figured I might find an answer to this question in this community since this is a traditionalist community and I believe Saint Xenia skete is a traditionalist community.
I am wondering what tone system the nuns of Saint Xenia used on their tone tape? I have asked this question in various groups.
Yours in Christ
Olympiada

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Dear Olympiada,

Welcome aboard. I believe the tones on the CD you speak of is Znamenny, which is the chant of the Russian Orthodox Church that the Old Ritualists use exclusively. Many other Russian Orthodox Churches still use this ancient chant as well.

Olympiada
Jr Member

Jordanville

Post by Olympiada »

Hello Deacon Nikolai
I contacted another monastery and was told it was Jordanville. We use Znamenny in our parish. I had the good fortune to attend a lecture on it and want to learn more.
Olympiada

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Olympiada,

This was not your first post, it was your 4th. How can you not remember how many posts you made, up to this point?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Olympiada
Jr Member

A jealous woman

Post by Olympiada »

Are you jealous of my fertile mind? Don't be, follow your quote and bear my burden. I am divorced. I must bear this burden alone. Why don't you help me?
Olympiada

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

I think your subtitle is completely inaccurate. I never thought about being jealous. There's nothing that you have that I would want....divorce, bitterness, uncertainty, confusion...etc.

The fact that I responded IS bearing the burden...because I have to bear the burden of your response.

Stop playing the divorce card...move on with your life. Better things will come...just believe it.

joasia
Protoposter

Post by joasia »

BTW. Major point that exposes your self-centeredness and major pride, is that you couldn't even respond with an apology simply stating that: yes you were wrong...it wasn't your first post..

Most psychotic behaviour is exposed by lies that are cross-referenced. They pile lie upon lie and they get lost in it to the point that they don't remember what they've said...like this post.

How can you make a statement so clear that this is your first post?...are you so unfocused that you don't remember what you did yesturday.

I truely hope that you get the spirtual councelling that you need.