OOD's Synod

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

OOD's Synod

Post by Anastasios »

I know in the thread Who's Who this is being discussed but I have a very specific question.

OOD, your Bishop is Peter (Petros) in Astoria, at St. Markella's correct? Wasn't he deposed from the Synod of Archbishop Auxentius? If so, why? I am reading this in the book "The Struggle against Ecumenism" right now and need to sort all of this out for that chart I am working on.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Resurrection,

Bishop Petros, may his memory be eternal, walled himself off from the Synod for a period of time. I forget the reasons why, and I'm not sure if the synod actually deposed him...

I have long forgotten the details of this story, but when I get to my resources tonight I will respond better...

In the mean time, might I ask the purpose of your chart? I remember some time ago that you were working on such a thing. It doesn't really matter, I'll respond either way, I am just curious....and I wonder if I could have a look at it...?

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Dear OOD,

The chart will serve as an unbiased account of the True Orthodox Christians of Greece. It will be a family tree showing the splits, reunions, etc. One of these already exists on the Matthewite website but it is so confusing, and it is also very biased.

On my chart, whenever there is a point of contention, there will be footnotes with each side's account of the problem. It will exist for the sole purpose of informing the Orthodox community, and will be available on OC.net. Once I finish it I will do one for the Ukrainian and Indian Church debacles.

Yours in Christ,

anastasios

OrthodoxyOrDeath

What a chart it would be if connected to the new-calendarist chart, and the papal chart, over-layed with a chart showing heresy and heretics?

I'll see what I can dig up tonight... :)

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Anastasios,

Bishop Petros left the Synod in 1974. He returned in 1985, the same year that Bishop Chrysostomos (Kiousis) of Thessaloniki became president.

He reposed in 1997.

I remember some of the story now, but since this is for a published document of sorts, I'm going to get a clarification for you.

Stay tuned...