ROCOR-V Archbishop Sergei has fallen asleep in the Lord.

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

ultra_sinful
Jr Member

Post by ultra_sinful »

there is a service in Lachine (QC) at 6pm and tomorrow at Mansonville, is a service and burial, service starts at 9am.

I visited my Vladika last friday.

I heard that Laurus (of the robber synod) visited Vladika Sergei to make sure that Vladika was in hospital, because of the ongoing trial concerning Vladika Sergei's home property of Vitaly in Montreal. Yes Laurus want's this property too. This devil will chase us until we do service in a catacomb or someting like that.

Pray for us Vladika Sergei!

хорист
Jr Member

Post by хорист »

ultra_sinful wrote:

there is a service in Lachine (QC) at 6pm and tomorrow at Mansonville, is a service and burial, service starts at 9am.

I heard that Laurus (of the robber synod) visited Vladika Sergei to make sure that Vladika was in hospital, because of the ongoing trial concerning Vladika Sergei's home property of Vitaly in Montreal. Yes Laurus want's this property too. This devil will chase us until we do service in a catacomb or someting like that.

How can you speak like this? The reason they went to visit him was out of pastoral concern. They have known him much longer than you (as have I) and were very saddened to hear of his situation.

ROCiE Abp Sergii's sister was pleased to see Met Laurus and Bp Gabriel visit.

Vechnay emu pamyat'!

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

ultra_sinful wrote:

Well, I do not know whcich are Lavre's intentions but it is quite difficult to trust them after what happened. "Be wise as snakes"

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Dear in Christ,

Please leave polemics and attacks out of this thread on the repose of an Orthodox bishop. It is in bad taste to do so whether you were a supporter of the man or not. From what I know, he was a humble monk of prayer and in these days immediately after his repose, and last days of Great Lent, we should take up his example and increase out prayer, both for him, but for our selves and one another.

ultra_sinful
Jr Member

Post by ultra_sinful »

Yes, polemics must be out of this thread.

I went to Lachine for service and Mansonville for the burial. By his prayers, Vladika changes our sadness into great peace and joy.

valentina_1

Post by valentina_1 »

Memory Eternal, Vladyko!

Please, stop the bickering.

Vladyka, was my Spiritual Father for 40 years, so we can all imagine the difficult period I'm going through. Not only I, but many others. Vladyka was my brother's Godfather, as well as his Spiritual Father.

Vladyka was a very humble monk, we can NEVER achieve his level of spirituality, my dear Vladyka, always taking the time for everyone, never thinking of himself.

So, I beg everyone, let my Spiritual Father rest in peace.

Your humble servant.

Valentina

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

The Repose of Archbishop Sergei of Rocie-personal comment

Post by joasia »

I would like to ask those here to pray for Archbishop Sergei Kindiakov(forgive me for my mis-spelling) of the ROCIE. I know many here are opposed to that group. I am not happy, myself, about the turn of events, but just the same, I feel a need to mention something about this man.

He fell asleep in the Lord around 12 midnight on April 10th. He had suffered from a stroke and had been in the hospital for 2 weeks, in a coma. He was around 72, I believe. I went to visit him twice, near the end.

He was my confessor-priest, going back to 1997, until 2000. He was gentle and compassionate. He was so kind with me, when I confessed, the first time. I was so nervous because I didn't know what to expect, but he was so accepting. He didn't excuse my sins but he helped me to see that I was fighting a great force. He had a way of explaining God's work in my life that made me feel like I was building up to something and not being condemned for it. He gave me hope. Somehow, he understood my struggle, but I never knew why. Over the years, I discovered that he was also going through his own struggles. That is what made his heart soft and everybody wanted to go and confess to him and I mean everybody. When he left ROCOR, it was as if we had lost a spiritual father that we could turn to for all our troubles.

I want to give my testimony to Archbishop Sergei...for he helped me through the most difficult spirtual struggles of my life. He truely loved me and cared about my spiritual turmoils. And there are many people who have gone to him for guidance who feel the same way.

It is not about overcoming our demons that make us worthy(because everybody fights demons), but that we can be a guidance to others to come to Christ, because God calls others through us and if we accept that, then we are doing a great deed...in the name of Jesus Christ. Remember...it is not about ourselves, but about bringing our brethren to the full Truth...to Christ.

Eternal Memory to Archbishop Sergei.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)